Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 18 April 2021

Loving life again

Sunday 18th April 2021
Done is better than perfect.
Yesterday was a very, good day, oh I love being able to type those words again, had just the best morning with Elle, would you believe my bloody car wouldn't start again, thankfully the jump start thing I have worked, I need to charge that up actually and give the car a good run out, it's getting old isn't it, almost 17 years I've had him and he's served me well for sure. 

I wanted to post a letter yesterday and as I walked over the road to the post office (which was closed btw but that didn't matter) I suddenly started smiling as I appreciated the freedom of being able to do this small act again, of not having to stress about mom not wanting me to leave the house or any of that and I walked smiling like a crazy person, which was why I wasn't bothered to find the post office closed, I can go Monday. 

Leaving the house for a few hours yesterday morning meant I probably saw more people in a few hours than I've seen in the last 12 months, the virtual UW Power Up was amazing too, such a great business to work for, the really care about their people and helping folk save money.  (give me a call for an appointment)

Then I watched a youtube video of someone making garlic noodles and I thought I'd have a dabble, this took ten minutes, it needs tweaking to bring the calories down as it was about 600 because of the butter and oil but I think it could do without the butter as the parmesan cheese did the job of making it creamy and tasty.  I hadn't got all the ingredients she used so I added a bit of soy sauce, hoisin and fish sauce I think, basically I just mixed up a few things and winged it, it was blooming delicious.


My brother nipped round to collect his Marlies meals and whilst he was here, he walked round my back garden telling me how to care for the few plants I still have in pots, they're all nicely fed and watered now, I'll start looking after them again now I'm able to spend time out there without again worrying about mom, another reason to feel blessed. 

It's not like I have a list of things I want to do, I don't, I just want to be able to not do anything, to spend my days pottering in my house and garden whilst the country gets back on it's feet.  To start our Be Happy Owls business when we can all sit together in a room and enjoy each others company over a cuppa, listening to chatter = bliss.  To be able to have friends in my house and garden for a catch up, aren't these just the best things in life everyone's been reminded of because of lockdown.  

This morning though, it's a zoom catch up because I can't have more than 6 in the garden and it's a little nippy this early in the morning, it went lovely yesterday though, hopefully will do the same today.  

Here's to another very, good day! 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: