Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 April 2021

Sunny Friday - get in!

Friday 23rd April 2021
Stop overthinking things and just do.


Goooood morning! I have had the best nights sleep, I can't remember having ever seen 10 hours on my Fitbit app, it feels great to know I can go to bed early if I want, I had intended to watch something on my laptop but I fell asleep almost straight away and today I have nothing that has to be done so I'm going to have a day off, do whatever takes my fancy, whether that does be working on our future, pottering in the house / garden, walking the dog, or doing nowt at all.   I love my life again, I'm back to my old self, Elle even pointed that out to me when we met the other day, it's a great feeling.  Now to try and get the dog to chill his beans!


We had 3 walks yesterday, one of which lasted about 20 minutes, I'd thrown him in the car and we only drove a mile or so up the road, then he was happily sniffing and mooching along when he suddenly started limping then stopped dead with his front paw in the air.  I had to carry him back to my car (yay,thanks for that my shoulder screamed!) but thankfully when I got him home and had a good look at the paw, there was a tiny thorn in it which I was able to pull out, and it was really tiny so it's official Alfie is as dramatic as me, we are so alike it's scary lol. 

We enjoyed burgers yesterday, well alfie just had the mince, I had mine made into 100g beef burgers, if you haven't tried this yet it's lush, just press them together as a burger, you don't need anything to bind them with, if it's good enough for macdonalds it's good enough for me.   Toast the baps, I like these warburton ones for 146 cals, I just need to stop eating one for tea with cheese and onion on!  Back to the burger, dice a little onion, shredd a little lettuce, add a couple of slices of gherkin and a bit of burger sauces and it's as good as a maccys!  Oh and you don't need fries with it you know, but if you feel you do, those microwave boxes are good for 157 calories. 

 

I'd had egg on toast for breakfast, so too much bread allround yesterday really, but thankfully I did have a few bread free days over the last week. 


Exciting times ahead, so many getting in touch about our huddle plans, it's going to be so good to sit together in a room and catch up.  GMB has just said that one expert scientist has said we are now officially out of the pandemic in this country which is brilliant, but it was bittersweet news as it showed that dementia and alzheimers is this countries biggest killer!  


What isn't shown in that graph is the effect that damn disease has on those living with the sufferer, I feel lucky that I didn't have a mental breakdown living with mom, how people manage to juggle caring for their loved one and their children / partner whilst working too, blows my brains!  There are many, many people out there doing just that, I was talking to one this week on the phone.  If you know someone who's in this situation, if you can help them out in any way possible, even just listening to them and having a chat, it's a busy, lonely life, don't forget you can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely.

Back to the happy though, I really am a Happy Owl again, I may be overweight and have achy bones, muscles and joints but I am really happy.  I had a realisation yesterday, which made me smile, I was watching the good doctor on tv and I started to cry at a sad scene and thought 'yeah you can still cry, it doesn't mean you're crying because your mom has died' I've been mistaking emotion for sadness when I've been on the verge of tears.  I am an emotional person, I cry a lot lol, I do, not wailing kind of crying, just to express how I'm feeling if I see something sad kind of crying.

Not this morning though, the sun is shining, the dog is snoring, I've not even thought about breakfast, I may have yogurt and honey, I've defrosted a curry from the fridge for my dinner. 

Right I'm off, catch ya tomo x

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: