Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 20 April 2021

Another great day to be had

Tuesday 20th April 2020
Choose people who lift you up.

A great day starts with a dose of self belief, a positive attitude and a big mug of tea (or coffee or a large glass of water whatever floats your boat).  I plan to have a great day, it's gonna be a busy one too, places to be things to do.

Last Monday was meat free Monday for me this Monday I decided to do Wine free Monday, I also had an early night meaning I've had my 8 hours so I'm raring to go.  I found my fitbit and put it on to charge then forgot to wear it on our first dog walk and Alfie did the long walk, so although my fitbit doesn't say I did, I'm sure I managed 10k steps yesterday.

I was more productive yesterday, I managed to wax my new table, had a natter on zoom at lunchtime, drove to drop a journal off to a friend, Alfie wasn't impressed with her dogs at all, he was very quiet, it was all a little overwhelming for him i think, bless him.  I left him for half hour teatime and when  got back he was hysterically barking in my bedroom trying to get on the windowsill is what I think he was trying to do, deep sigh!  Hopefully he'll get better, my sisters gonna sit with him whilst I'm out and about today.  

Now as you know Elle and I are bringing Be Happy Owls Huddles to a venue near you so make sure you've liked my page if you haven't already https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls oh and my UW one too if you don't mind https://www.facebook.com/BevUtilityWarehouse, thank you. 


This was what breakfast looked like yesterday, they're Paul Hollywood's cobs, I wouldn't buy them again, they were on offer but at almost 300 calories for the two, they weren't worth it, I'd have been happy with warburtons wholemeal at 55 calories a slice!  It was a tasty breakfast though, I do love a slice of streaky bacon and this from Sainsbury's is on 33 calories a slice. 


I had leftover rice from Marlies, so I decided to try and make egg friend rice like the takeaway and it only bloomin worked, there was about 350g cooked rice (455 calories), 2 eggs (156 calories) whisked, a couple of teaspoons of seseame oil (80 calories), white pepper and salt and dark soy sauce (10 cals per tablespoon). I heated the oil, added rice and cooked through, splashed a little soy sauce into the rice and mixed it up, then shoved the rice to one side of the wok, poured the eggs in the other side and stirred as it cooked, once it was set, I mixed it up with all the rice and then added salt, white pepper and soy sauce until I thought it tasted like my idea of egg fried rice - I was truly impressed and pray I can do it again as that's my favourite thing from a chinese, I like it hot or cold.  


There's 700 calories worth of rice there, which is about the same as a Chinese small foil tray of egg fried rice which is 658 calories according to the NHS/Nutracheck website.  Calorie checker - NHS (www.nhs.uk)  the nutracheck app is only £23.99 for the year at the moment! 


This together with my Chicken Chow Mein - Happy owls recipe which is only 186 calories a serving and I'm sorted for Takeaway Tuesday or any other day come to that, it's healthier than a takeaway and I always order way too much stuff when I have a takeaway.  

Let's make today 'Top Tip Tuesday', what are your top tips for a healthy and happy life, they can related to anything that makes your life better.  Mine would be find a few quick go to meals that you can turn too when you're just not in the mood to cook.  That egg fried rice I can now knock up in ten minutes, if i don't happen to have leftover cold rice, I do have precooked rice in packets in the cupboard.  My garlic noodle dish I did the other day only took 10 minutes too, I'd tweak that next time, take the butter out, add a handful of frozen peas.  If I start a list of these meals in my Be Happy Owls journal, I'll have them to refer to when I do my weekly shopping.   There are loads more on my Happyowls.co.uk website, most need the calories working out but it'll all get done over time, and as none of them have that many ingredients, you can do that yourself.

Well I need to shower and dress, hate getting naked on these nippy mornings, but I'll be brave, don't want a dirty bitch driving round!  I've put the heating on for an hour to be honest, moms made me a wimp, I've lived in a crazy hot house for so long, 6 degrees feels like it's minus 10! 

No meals planned for today as yet, but I have mushrooms to eat and 2 more of those cobs so that's probably gonna be one.  I do have a lasagne too, that'll probably be my main meal with a side salad.  Again it's the little things, I love that it doesn't matter if I run out of something because there's only me to worry about, I haven't had an sliced bread since Friday or Saturday, if I ain't got it, I can't eat it!

Let me know your top tips, I'll put them together in tomorrows blog if you do. Have a great day, I'm looking forward to me day

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me  


No comments: