Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 9 April 2021

It's Friyay!

Friday 9th April 2021
How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.
Good morning!  I've just been up the garden with Alfie and I'm sure I could hear baby foxes softly yapping under the summerhouse, that's my first smile moment of the day.  My second was reading a post my bestie had tagged me in about the menopause - yeah it's just confirmed it's all to blame for me gaining stones tee hee!  No it isn't completely to blame of course but it isn't helping, it did confirm that calorie counting is definitely the way forward for me as I know exactly what's going in and whether I'm creating that calorie deficit, time to recharge my fitbit so I know how many calories I'm burning.  Of course it also matters what I spend my calories on, lean protein, fibre, more healthy foods and some niceness, not all niceness and no goodness.

This meal took 20 minutes yesterday to knock together and that was just popping the salmon in the oven and leaving it, then simmering the noodles for 4 minutes the peas went in the microwave because they were a last minute addition as I'd burned my roasted brocolli so there wasn't enough doh, but next time I'd add both brocolli and peas to the same water as the noodles for the 4 minutes.  I put light soy sauce on the noodles and salmon and a sprinkling of sesame seeds - it was delicious!


I went a little carb crazy at tea time, saw a photo of a jacket spud on Facebook and wanted one, ended up having 2 frozen ones topped with too much butter and a bit of cheese - this is why i don't eat jacket potatoes, I won't be buying any more of them, not sure if theres any left in the freezer though.  I filled a drawer in my freezer yesterday with the Co-op £5 freezer deal, such a bargain, worth double that and will do me a few meals and a little treat if I have any visitors, I can keep that in the freezer and not be tempted by ice cream that has chocolate in it - yak. 

Walked Alfie yesterday with my sister and had a catch up, chatted with Mark when he dropped off a phone for me to use whilst mines being fixed, then Terry called from Corfu, was nice being able to not worry about being on the phone and not upsetting mom because of it.  I like this living on my own and not being answerable to anyone, not gonna lie.

Also saw a few Happy Owls, we're all ready to sort ourselves out and lose our lockdown lard!  The trick is to not go at it like a bull at a gate and change everything overnight and do 1000 low calorie diet, it's much more realistic to expect ups and downs, not so good, good and even better days.  The trick is to make the most of the good and even better days and on the not so good or downright dreadful days, do what you can and get back to good days as soon as possible.  Like yesterday, I ended on over 2000 calories, but I still tracked them and I'm ready for a healthy breakfast again today - oh and I still can't make decent poached eggs!

In my Be Happy Owls journal (available for £3 plus P&P) btw is a self care challenge, I'm doing that this month, today's self care might be a bath later or, ha what am I going on about, everything I'm planning to do today is selfcare because I've accepted I need to stop and breathe, so I plan to cook me some healthy meals, walk my dog, watch some tv, I can't crochet because of my shoulder so I'm going to look at some exercises to stretch it out maybe.  

Found this on Pinterest with a few more self care suggestions; 


Also found this on Pinterest this morning and liked it; 


Love this too, 

Ooo I do love a bit of pinterest, but for now I'm going to say Happy Friday, make it a good one and I'll catch you tomorrow. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: