Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 March 2015

The nicest coffee shop yet!



3rd March 2015
Anytime you start a sentence with "I am" you are creating what you are and what you want to be.


So yesterday we went for coffee & cake a Vintage Teas at No 3 in Great Wyrley (01922 418659) https://www.facebook.com/Baked3 and it was delicious!  What was wonderful was that half of the coffee shop was full of Weight Watcher members and there were two ladies who were going to join after their Afternoon Tea ;).  The beauty of Weight Watchers is you can have your cake and eat it, and stay on track.  Obviously you can't work your way through their menu every day and have one of each, but you can enjoy lunch or coffee and cake for sure.  Mom opted to miss the toasted sandwich and go straight for the dessert.  I had a toasted cheese and caramelised onion toastie with salad and coleslaw, I'd guess it at 15pp maximum for my plate.  Mom had a slice of lemon drizzle cake which was delicious, looking on line at various options it could have been anything between 5-10, I'd guess 10 with the bit of cream she poured on it.  The scones there were 3 smaller ones so having made them myself I'd say they were 3pp each plus double cream 2pp per tablespoon and jam is 1pp per teaspoon, so you can have your cake and ProPoint it!  I'd love for them to give me their ingredients list and I could ProPoint the menu for them, that way you'd be able to 100% stay on track if you wanted to, I will ask but if I don't get it, then use those numbers I've given you and for a slice of their Victoria Sponge 15pp at most would cover it.   I'm not sure if they have skimmed milk for their coffee but I'm sure if enough as they'd get some, I didn't have coffee so forgot to ask.

It was a lovely place, booking essential I would say, we managed to get a table but only just, very busy because of its wonderfulness!  We've booked to go back at the end of the month for afternoon tea!  I will take photos and do my best to ProPoint it all so that if you want to do the same, you can enjoy it and use your weeklies.

It was a lovely day even though it started with a dentist visit, I took mom to Poundland for a mooch round, she filled my trolley full and £44 later she was a happy lady, after that we met up with my mates at the coffee shop and enjoyed an hour there, we'd have stopped longer but mom was "right are we off?" the moment she'd finished eating!  So they came back to mine for another cuppa. 

The rest of my day was catching up on my chilling, so I'm not ready to get back to work, I didn't really get a weekend this week but I did manage some down time and none Weight Watcher time.  It's another busy week ahead, especially as my right hand lady Sharon is on her holiday but we'll get through it and it'll be Sunday before you know it!  In case I haven't mentioned it, I plan on staying in my PJs on Sunday, although if the sun shines, I may be tempted into the garden, if it rains I may be tempted into the kitchen, I have a white chocolate brownie recipe I've never got round to making!   The ProPoints for the entire thing are 114pp which is a crazy amount, but at 16 slices, it's 7pp a slice and I'm guessing one slice would do the job, so yes maybe that'll get made at the weekend, here's the recipe in case you were looking for something to knock up for Mothers day the weekend after...

Divine White Chocolate Brownies
Total recipe 114pp,

125g (4oz) Divine White Chocolate (19pp)
100g (3oz) butter (21pp)
3 large eggs (8pp)
150g (5oz) castor sugar (16pp)
100g (3oz) chopped skinned hazelnuts or macadamia nuts (21pp)
100g (3oz) Divine White Chocolate chopped (15pp)
5ml (1tsp) vanilla extract
125oz 4oz) plain flour (12pp)
Icing sugar to dust (1pp)

Preparation & Quantity
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas mark 4/Fan 160°C. 
Grease and line a 23cm (9in) shallow square tin with greaseproof paper.
Makes about 40 pieces – 3pp each

1.    Gently heat some water in a saucepan, place a bowl over with the chocolate and butter – make sure the water does not touch the bowl. Melt the butter over a very gentle heat – don’t rush the process, just let it melt slowly and very very gently. 
2.    Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended. Remove the bowl of chocolate and place the bowl with the egg mixture over the pan of water.
3.    Whisk for several minutes until thick and pale. Remove the bowl from the heat, whisk until cool.
4.    Using a spatula fold the melted butter and chocolate into the egg mixture with the chopped chocolate and nuts until evenly blended.
5.    Sift in the flour and fold in carefully until well blended. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in centre of the oven for 40minutes until just firm to touch.
6.    Cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and cut into small squares. 
7.    Wrap in cling film and keep for a day to improve the texture.


The reality of maintaining your weight or successfully losing it is accepting that you want to eat certain foods and that you can as long as it's in moderation and not overdone.  If you enjoy a healthy balanced diet, there isn't anything you can't have!

On that note, I'm off to make me some breakfast, tomatoes on toast I think, dinner today is cauliflower and broccoli cheese, not thought as far as my tea, but possibly soup.  All those veggies will balance out all yesterdays scrumptiousness!

Have a BeYOUtiful day. xx

No comments: