Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 26 March 2015

No one will need to shush me today!



26th March 2015
Spend time with people who make you forget to look at your phone!

 Overnight oats seem all the rage at the moment but I keep forgetting to do it the night before, then I wake up and I have to have ordinary oats, so I've given up on that idea, but I do like the look of these energy bars for a quick on the go breakfast, 


Energy bars 4pp per bar
Packed full of fruit, nuts and seeds to keep you going, these low ProPoints value energy bars will give your body a boost.

150 g Butter   
150 g Honey   
150 g Porridge Oats   
100 g Light Brown Sugar   
1 pinch Salt   
50 g Dried Apricots, chopped   
50 g Date(s), fresh, chopped   
50 g Raisins   
50 g Dried Berries & Cherries, Dried cherries and cranberries   
25 g Almonds, (or hazelnuts), chopped   
25 g Sunflower Seeds   
25 g Pumpkin Seeds   
50 g Desiccated Coconut   

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm square baking tin with baking parchment, leaving an overhang to make it easier to remove the bars.

Melt the butter with the honey in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Mix together the porridge oats, sugar, salt, dried fruit, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut. Add to the saucepan and stir together until thoroughly mixed. Tip into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and cut into 24 bars. Cool completely on a wire rack. Keep in an airtight container, or wrap in greaseproof paper.

Mmm, they sound perfect and could be eaten for a breakfast on the go or a goodness boost at anytime, absolutely full of goodness they are, and if you wanted to you could chop up some Weight Watchers bars into small pieces and add that to the mixture for a bit of chocolately yummyness to add to the goodness!  I might make these the weekend, I could do with some chocolately goodness in my life!  They sound really simple to make too, be great for the kids to knock together over Easter, keep them busy, if you wanted to use up the chocolate eggs remember chocolates roughly 15pp per 100g, you could melt chocolate instead of some or all of the butter! 

Enough of this food talk, it's only 5am!

I'm not going to lie, week 3 on track is tougher than week 1 and 2 was, mainly because I'm not well I think, and also because it's week 3 of my hormonal month the one where I turn into a witch and want to eat my own head but know it'd taste too bitter!  I'm not going ridiculous I just want to eat.  I'm down to 12 weeklies and 3 activity ProPoints, so I'm not moving as much this week neither.  Nor have I been and done a proper shop! 

My meals yesterday were delicious, I had egg, tomatoes, mushrooms on toast for brekkie (6pp), Hoisin beef for lunch (12pp) and curried beans on toast for tea (7pp).  I've been nibbling on seafood sticks though so I won't be buying them again, I can't resist them when I open the fridge door and at 3 for 1pp, they bite into my valuable allowance and I'm not really hungry, I just wanna eat em!




I thought my cold was going yesterday morning but by the time I went to bed I was without voice, it's there this morning but only just, so the meetings today will be interesting, I'll manage though I always do, I can get my point across with barely a voice, I've done it before!

I'm trying to feed a cold ain't I!  That's what's going on, hormones and germs, cracking combination but it will not beat me, I will lose 1lb on Monday and get that 5%, positive thinking will get me through.  The germs can do one, I ain't got time for a cold!

Here's to a great day, the rain can go away too!  Enough already I want sunshine, bird song and pretty flowers.

Have a cracking good day BeYOUtiful.


No comments: