Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 19 March 2015

Are you struggling - this ones for you.



19th March 2015

Take a risk, maybe you'll fall but maybe you'll soar!

So I'm starting day 11 of being on track, no I'm not ticking them off, I just worked it out with my calendar - why?  Because I don't want anyone to forget I've been struggling to 'get on it' for over a year now, I really do know how difficult it is!  The one thing I never did though over the last year was beat myself up, go hard on myself, or berate myself for my inability to get on track because I know that there is nothing easy about the process. 

My day started with a long conversation with an amazing lady yesterday who's really struggling to get back on track, like me she'd a stone over goal, it appears that was a pattern yesterday for quite a few of us, lost weight and regained a stone of it, none of us had regained all of it though, we were still a good few dress sizes smaller than where we all started.  So one thing I did say to the lady in question was, "you won't take care of something you don't like" and it's true, we look after what we love, which is why you should always love yourself and be gentle with yourself, understand you thoughts and feelings and acknowledge that you aren't perfect and shouldn't strive to be. 

What helped me change how I treat myself was asking myself if I'd treat another in that way, if I'd talk to them and say those words to another than I used to say to myself when I looked in a mirror and the answer was no, which was when I realised I needed to stop treating myself that way.  I believe this is why I've kept most of my weight off for the last 11 years and I haven't regained all of my weight whilst I've been struggling.  I knew I was finding it difficult not to overindulge but I continued to do the best I could to eat healthily and take care of myself.

Sometimes when we feel like our life is out of control it reflects in our eating behaviour, especially if food is a comfort to us and something we enjoy.  Realising and acknowledging this really helps me, accepting who I am, helped me enormously.  I've also noticed that getting my eating back under control has coincided with getting my life back under control, no not much has changed in my life, I've learned to say no a little more the last few weeks which has made a dramatic difference, but realising if you can't change things, embrace them, make the most of them because there's nothing harder than going against the tide, you can swim up a waterfall so don't even try!  If you can change something - accept it, change the way you think about it, because everything really can change with a shift in the way you think.

I saw in quite a few this week, that look I had on my face last week when I went back to my meeting, I'm hoping they too will wake up this morning and realise they can do it, they've done it before, they can do it again - actually WE can do it, all of us and together, supporting each other is how we're going to do it.  I love my Weight Watcher community, it makes me realise that I'm part of a group of people with the same end goals who understand each other, that's why it works.

We celebrated success in the meetings too of course as we always do but one thing I did hear and I understood completely was that when you're struggling yourself, seeing others on track and doing well makes you feel even more incapable, we shouldn't feel that way, I understand why we do, but we shouldn't.  We need to realise that every person in that room or that Facebook group has struggled, it's why they're there in the first place and without sounding negative, they will struggle again because that's the nature of the beast, I've never met anyone who hasn't at some point struggled, even after achieving their goal!  Us Weight Watchers like to eat, life sometimes gets in the way, the one other thing we have in common though is we'll support each other until we get back on track.

Here's to a fresh day, a clean slate, remember even your worst days only have twenty-four hours and the best time for a new beginning is NOW!

Take care of you BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: