Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 July 2010

mmm yummy honey duck

This was today's lunch and it was delicious if I do say so myself, a concoction I threw together myself! I was really hungry this morning, I only had 2 points for my breakfast, so at the meeting I had a breakfast bar for another 2 points and my lunch has just cost me 6.5 points and was so worth it!

Stir fry recipes
Honeyed duck and vegetable noodle stir-fry

Total recipe = 19points, Serves 3 at 6.5pts each. Ready in 20 minutes

2 tbsp clear honey (3.5pts)

4 tbsp dark soy sauce

400g sliced duck breasts (8.5pts)

3 carrots – cut in thin strips

large bunch spring onions – cut in thin strips

250g mushrooms chopped

2 servings of Weight Watchers Oil Spray (1pt)

300g Amoy straight to wok noodles (6pts)


1. In a large bowl, mix together the honey and soy sauce. Toss the duck in the honey marinade. Set aside for 5 minutes.

2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Lift the duck from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned all over. Remove and set aside. Add the carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the spring onion, mushrooms and browned duck. Pour over the marinade and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes add the noodles and stir fry for another minute – the duck should still be a little pink in the middle (if using chicken, make sure it is cooked through). Season to taste and serve.

No comments: