Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 30 June 2017

Are you living?

30th June 2017
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.


Last day of the month, half way through the year, that went fast didn't it, did you enjoy the first half of 2017, did you reach the goals you set, get the things done you'd planned. Do you even have goals or plans or are you just living day to day, or should I say surviving? I heard this on the radio yesterday morning, someone asked the Dali lama what surprised him the most about humanity and this was his response;

Man.
Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

I remember doing a day course thing once and the chap running the course said to me, 'you seem to spend all your time focus on 'what next' or getting to the top of the next mountain that you never seem to stop and look back and enjoy the view'. That day I went home and took out all of my photo albums and looked back at some of the amazing adventures I'd had, the places I'd visited and the people I'd met along the way. Since that day, I've slowed down to the speed of my life and I focus on one day at a time. I probably have gone too much the other way as I never think about the future at all but for now it works for me.

These days I enjoy the simple day to day tasks, I have no desire for travel, I like to sit in my garden on a sunny day and listen to the radio or read a book. Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time at all really is it.

Back to the Dali Lama and his words, are you sacrificing your healthy in order to make money? Are you worrying about your future and forgetting to live in the now? Do you need to change things?

I'm just gonna change the subject and talk food but leave you with that food for thought. I had lovely meals yesterday, breakfast was egg and beans on toast, lunch was my Thai green chicken curry the for tea I had the most delicious Tandoori chicken shashlick and I had it with crispy potato things from Co-op, they were reduced to 39p, I was going to buy them at full price then spotted the reduced ones – result!

The sparrows outside my window are emptying the 3 feeders faster than I can feed them this week, this weather is really confusing them for sure. There's about 12 birds around it as I type, they are busy little things, I need to go top them up again, only did it yesterday.

I've just ordered me a colouring book, I enjoyed doing a bit of colouring the other weekend so I'm going to have another go, I've already got the crayons. It really does relax and occupies whilst the telly's on in the background.

I'm ready for a cuppa, so I'm going to get off, go check out the fridge and plan today's meals, I'm thinking meatballs in a nice sauce and maybe creamy mash mmm, yes please. Eggs for breakfast probably, right I'm off.

Here's to a good day, make Friday fabulous, live in the now BeYOUtiful and smile. x





No comments: