Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 June 2016

If you ain't happy - don't do it!



9th June 2016
Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul: the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.  Napoleon Hill


Well we had a little bit of rain yesterday here!  I got absolutely drenched unloading the car at my meeting, but was able to dry my dress off under the dryer in the toilet :)
I got off lightly compared to some of the trouble folk had getting home in the flooded roads ;(

Anyway another day as they say and I'm ready for it, just sat and finished off my Day 3 for my journal, writing what made me smile etc, I like doing that.  I like my simple life, as stress and hassle free as possible, if it doesn't bring me joy or enrich my life then I don't need it.  That attitude helps mom and me live a calm as possible life and it works for us.  We don't do stress, it's too much hassle, of course they'll always be some but if it's something I can eliminate from my life, I do, I just want a simple, happy world,

I've got to say doing the no bread challenge was a challenge, it's the one I've struggled with the most as I've been having crumpets or a couple of pieces of toast with my breakfast lately, instead I had a delicious omelette with cheese and onion in - it was to die for.  Then I received a parcel in the post would you believe it was bread!  Yes, really low Smart Pointed bread, on 1sp per pita bread and some Lavash bread that's 2sp, I will let you know what I think about them when I try them today.

She also sent me a block of Protein cheese, which is really low in Smart Points, I weighed out 70g last night for 1sp and had it melted in my pasta - not bad at all.  Not so nice straight from the block but certainly worth using otherwise.  Neither are cheap with the cheese at £3.99 for a 350g block, and the breads at £2.95 each but if I have to choose between being slimmer and skint or..... I know which I'll opt for!

Right today's challenge is to try a new recipe or meal, now I've got my new bread and cheese this isn't going to be difficult for me at all, although I am going to maybe do a Simply Cook meal for tea, yeah I'll go pick one out and get the ingredients at some point, if only to prove even on a 12 hour working day, I can still make the time to cook a good meal, even if I don't really want to!

I've got some Weight Watcher pitta breads coming today too, so it'll be interesting to compare the breads, their texture etc.  I do love food.  Whilst I'm shopping I'm going to get some different fruit and veggies too, starting to enjoy eating my fruit, had satsumas yesterday as well as my apple, so it's all helping my healthy!

I also haven't had any caffeine drinks for two weeks now, just drinking water, I did have a bottle of zero sprite on Monday but other than water and wine nothing else, if only I could learn that turning water into wine trick.... actually no, can you imagine the trouble I'd be in if I could.

Let's embrace today's challenge, if you don't have the time or inclination for cooking from scratch, then go buy a new ingredient or ready meal, try some new fruit, have something different.  Let's get some variety in our live.

Right I'm off cos I can hear mom stirring and she sounds in pain and in need of a big cuppa tea.  Have a great day BeYOUtiful, take time for you - you're important too. xx




No comments: