Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Some mornings need delaying by half hour!



8th June 2016
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.  T S Eliot


Check me out, I've had an extra half hour in bed this morning reset my alarm and got u at 5.15am (rock and roll!) still done my meditating though, feeling all calm now, warm but calm :)

So did you do the challenge yesterday more No Count foods?  I did as I chose to do a No Count day, therefore it was all good.  Today's challenge, Wednesday: Go without bread products for a day - this is a real toughie for most of us I think!  I'm going to struggle with this for breakfast, need to get my thinking cap on, I can manage the rest of the day but I do like a slice of toast or a crumpet, mmm what shall I have, maybe an omelette.  Then I'm thinking stuffed mushrooms for lunch and will have a think about tea.

No bread products, it's surprising how much we rely on that one food source, sandwiches are such a quick and easy meal aren't they.  I might make a nice cold potato salad to go with my mushrooms and now I've thought about it a nice pasta meal for tea would go down rather well, I rarely have pasta so it'll be a change.   Here's an easy recipe off the Weight Watcher website;

Lunchbox chicken curry pasta

5 Smart Points

Prep time:15 min ~ Cook time:20 min ~ Serves:4 ~ Difficulty: Easy

200g Fat Free Natural Yogurt (4sp)
1 teaspoons Curry Powder, medium (1sp)
300g White pasta, (12sp) use brown for No Count
5sprays Calorie controlled cooking spray
250g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, chopped (2sp)
1 medium Peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 portion Cucumber, finely chopped
4 medium Spring Onions, finely sliced
1 pinch Salt
18 teaspoons Black pepper, freshly ground

Put the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the curry powder.

Cook the chicken breast in a frying pan with the low fat cooking spray.

Add the pasta, chicken, pepper, cucumber and spring onions to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Pack a portion in your lunch box; though remember to keep it in a cool place, such as in the fridge or in an insulated lunchbox with an ice pack.

Notes - Add a little chopped fresh coriander or parsley to the pasta mix, if you like. Remember, this recipe is perfect for picnics and buffets too. Wait for the chicken to cool, before placing in the fridge.

I have nearly all those ingredients, might be making that today.  I'm starting Day 3 of my journal, sitting and completing it last night, having to sit and think what had made me laugh and the best thing that happened is a good way to get the brain thinking about something other than food!   I ate really big meals yesterday, it was all No Count except for a couple of points of butter on a crumpet as a snack, looking back at it, I had the normal veggies, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, but otherwise  it was a bit boring on the veg front so that's my mission over the next week to include different veggies, that can be a challenge next week I reckon!

Right I'm off to get ready for the day, at least I don't have to think about what to eat now though as it's all planned in my head, just needs preparing.  No Count I think again, we'll see, I love that I have the choice and I don't have to make my mind up with my first meal, I can see how the day goes then chose depending on my meal choices.

Here's to a great Wednesday, busy but BeYOUtiful xx



No comments: