Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Today will be better than yesterday!



7th October 2015
Notice: You are hereby allowed to be happy, to love yourself, to realise your worth, to believe in great things, and to be treated with love and respect.
Well a lot of yesterday sucked but I'm not going to relive it on here!  However the positives included fab meetings, great friends, a lovely bunch of flowers off one of them and coming home to a wonderful house full of a mom and dog I love the bones off.  And to top it all despite how wound up I got and all the crazy that was going on, I still stayed on track - BOOM!  If I can stay on track and without alcohol on a day like that, the futures bright, hell the futures weight loss ;)

Now I do believe in messages from the universe and over the last few months, I keep hearing about yoga, I used to do it myself but it faced out when I had a puppy because he thought it was a new game, then work and life got in the way.  So yesterday there was something on the radio about Nigella and yoga and this morning when I woke up and as I finished doing my headspace app, as I got out of bed I naturally stretched and felt myself thinking about the space in my bedroom and coming to the conclusion I could set my laptop up with my yoga video that has had years of use and no I wouldn't be able to fit it in on a Tues/Weds/Thurs/Sat morning when my alarm goes off at 4.44am but I can fit it in on a Fri/Sun/Mon, so that's my plan, I've dug out my yoga video and I will start on Friday, afterall all activity is good activity!

Enjoyed my meals yesterday, had smoked haddock, egg, spinach, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes and an anchovy diced up for flavour.  for breakfast, it was delicious!  Then for lunch I had haddock again and mashed potato with Brussels sprouts and made into  cakes fried in a little spray oil and 10g parmesan melted on top, served with asparagus and salad.  Then teatime I was absolutely shattered, heck I woke up tired!  I didn't get home till just gone 8pm, and I was in bed by 9pm, so I just had a light tea of 2 slices nimble, smoked trout, olives and mayo with gherkins and salad.  Proper tasty and finished my day in control and on track and slept really well unlike my poor lovely mom, she's had a rough night.

I'm building in those changes a little at a time, I'm aware I'm not as active as I have been so yoga is a good break-in because it's calm time too, activity is about more than burning calories, it's time out for yourself from the crazy that is life.  My salad box has also made a huge difference this week, next on my to do list is soup, I want to make some nice soup, it's a habit I'd really like to get into, enjoying a bowl of soup in the afternoon, before or after my lunch.  I see them on Facebook and they look delicious, ooo I have celery in the fridge, just off to google celery soup.

Yep search engine never lets me down, although I actually use Yahoo not Google!

Celery soup, Serves 1, 4pp 

1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
1 garlic clove, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
150g/5½oz celery, chopped
200ml/7fl oz hot chicken stock

1.    Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic, onion and celery over a low heat for five minutes, until softened.
2.    Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3.    Transfer the soup to a blender and liquidise.
4.    To serve, place the soup into a bowl.


I'm going to make that today, 4pp total = bargain, of course if you wanted to you could just use spray oil but I think the oil adds a depth of flavour that makes it worth eating.  I might just use 1tsp of oil instead for 1pp though.

Anyway, I'm off mom's bound to be ready for another cuppa and I'm ready for another pint of water. 

Here's to making it through the midweek hump day as it's now called!





No comments: