Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 October 2015

Don't just dream it, plan it!



Thursday 15th October 2015
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.  Marcus Aurelius

Well good morning, I've slept well, been awake since 4.15am doing my headspace app and I'm now ready for my day, bring it on.

Another day on track in the bag, it's getting easier to stick to day on day, had haddock, egg and flatbread with spinach & tomatoes for brekkie.  I didn't get home till 2.30 so a late but tasty lunch, I had a Youngs fish in breadcrumbs (5pp) in a large crusty cob from Sainsburys (4pp) and chargrilled veg, little gem lettuce and gherkins with a bit of mayo, it was proper tasty.

Then tea was a simple salt beef and St Agur cheese salad with lettuce, olives, tomatoes, pepper, gherkins

I'm pleased to say I'll still not used any weeklies, and I've gone 3 days without wine - BOOM!  Might be enjoying a glass tonight though! 

Really loving my meetings again this week, those lightbulb moments happening, hearing what makes my members tick, having a giggle, thankfully what happens in a meeting stays in a meeting or I might get into trouble occasionally ;)

Last night was also full of success, Diane achieved her 10%, Denise her 25lb certificate, Margaret her 50lb certificate and Mark achieved his goal having lost an incredible 80lb this year, absolutely inspirational all of them.  

How did they do it?  Did they just sit there imagining what being at goal would be like, thinking how great it would be when they got there?  No, instead they thought about the things they needed to do in order to get there.  Things like making a list before shopping, buying healthy and low pointed foods.  Instead of dreaming about what it'll be like when you get to goal, it's much better to visualise what you need to do in order to achieve that goal.  So instead of thinking about how you'll look when you get there, visualise yourself cooking healthy meals, going for a walk in the park and making time for you and your meeting every week.  In order to succeed visualise the process and not the dream!  Research shows that it makes all the difference, yeah it's true, apparently visualising the end results decreases the  chances of making your dream come true!  Researchers at the university of Pennsylvania (proper clever they are) have discovered that this kind of visualisation makes you think that life will be wonderful.  And so when obstacles come along, you quickly become discouraged.  So change what you think about, get thinking about the process, what you're going to do to get there not what you'll do when you arrive. 

So I'm going to spend a few moments thinking about the day ahead, what obstacles might arrive, what I need to do and how I intend to stay on track.  I shall be starting my day with scrambled eggs, then that Gyro rice meal in the freezer that I didn't eat the other day, then for tea I've got a nice steak which I'll have with salad.  So that's my meals sorted, I won't be veered off track by that.  I know I might be in danger of having too much wine later as I'll know that I haven't got to get up tomorrow, so if I do, I'm not silly, I don't expect miracles from myself, but if I drink more tonight, I will drink less tomorrow.  Sorted!

I'll make sure I have some bottled water in my bag so I can keep hydrated and I plan to do my yoga tomorrow.  See the difference, I'm not expecting to just wake up lighter, I'm working out how I'm going to make that happen. 

What you going to do today?  BeYOUtiful, focus on the healthy and happy, because happy people make healthy choices!  

No comments: