Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 3 October 2015

There's more to weight loss than less food!

3rd October 2015
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
I had a cracking day yesterday, sat in a room with other Weight Watcher leaders and colleagues, getting to catch up and then learning new ideas, just brilliant.  It meant I was shattered when I got home though, and I even ended up in bed before eight.  I've slept too, although I've dreamed so much and woke quite often, going back to a different dream, so much has happened in my dreams, they've actually drained me! 

Back to reality though, I'm really looking forward to my meeting this morning and to spending the rest of the day with my mom, and in the garden as it looks like the sunshine ends tomorrow, so I'll enjoy it today. 

There really is nothing more uplifting than being with a group of people that are enthusiastic, passionate and wanting the same things.  That's where I was yesterday and it's fab, it's like being in a Weight Watchers meeting isn't it, all there for the same reasons all focused on getting motivated and believing you can do it. 

Yes it's okay to be a realist and accept the journey isn't going to be easy, but it's important to believe in yourself and know you absolutely CAN do it.  I saw a quote this morning, "success in not built on success, it's built on failure.  It's built on frustration. Sometimes it's built on catastrophe."  I like that because it's true, successful Weight Watchers rarely have one successful week after another, they have a good week, then an okay week, they have the odd diabolical week where they just ate the world, that's the reality of success.  It's not a straight line, it's more like a heart monitor line.

Focus on the positives always, it's really important, most situations can be turned around, it's all about how you think about it.  Gotta do the dishes?  At least you have food to eat!  Gotta clean the house?  At least you have somewhere to live!

See, always a positive...

Don't see weight loss as your only goal, I always talk about the healthy and the happy, then weight loss becomes the side effect.  Challenge yourself in other ways that will ultimately help your weight loss success, such as;

Get more sleep
Be more organised
Pre-cook a few meals
Learn a new recipes
Take a new class
Set a fitness goal
Drink more water
Make your packed lunches

Mine this week is going to be include more salad, it's something I've omitted lately and it needs to get back onto my plate.  One of the things I've challenged myself to lately is the mindfulness meditation, I'm enjoying starting my day in a calm way with my headspace app. If meditation doesn't appeal to you what about exercise?  Moving more, activity, call it what you will but it's more than just keeping fit, it's time for yourself, time to think, it could be time you spend with friends. 

Start to look at healthy living as more than just numbers on a scales!  We take care of things and people we love, I hope one of them is YOU! 

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful. xx



No comments: