Friday 23rd October 2015
Make happiness a habit
If you only do one thing today, watch this video;
Had me a Friday lie in again, 7am nice, not go to rush anywhere today either, I can take my time with all my work and go at my own pace, I do love that thought, that's a smile moment in itself.
So I'm going to finish drinking my pint of water whilst I write my blog, make a brew for me and mom when she wakes, the she'll get breakfast in bed and I'll make me something tasty too to start my day of well. Then I will work my way through what I need to get done before ending my day with my massage and a chill out evening with my mom in front of the google box.
I shall be doing some tidy this weekend though, feeling like a sort out, not because I have too but because I want too, I'm feeling cluttered and I know that de-cluttering will help me feel clearer, make the day to dayness a little calmer, I did a little of my office yesterday, I also got rid of a load of jigsaws that I know moms never going to do, she's proper fickle with her hobbies, now I know where I get it from! So yeah, I'm actually liking the idea of getting rid of stuff quite a lot.
Making more room for stuff ;), thinking I'm getting me a soup maker this weekend, it's my payday gadget, I've made room on a shelf for it, it's all good. Do I need one, not really but how many pair of shoes or bags does one woman need, yet it's rarely a question they consider when buying, so a soup maker I shall invest in. I feel the need to eat and enjoy soup, and this is a way of making smaller quantities, there are so many recipes to try out there and a gadget will encourage me, sad I know and I don't care.
I feel the need to share a soup recipe with you all now, hold on let me go look. We've talked about food so much in meetings this week, I so need to be making a beef stew, a chicken casserole, dumplings (although I've been told I can buy them ready made!), grey peas and bacon bits, ooo the list goes on, real comfort food, it can't be beaten you know. I'm thinking a few days of F&H in the coming week.
In celebration of receiving my new Nigella cook book, here's a simple soup recipe from her book, I love that she's used frozen veg as this means I can always have the ingredients in the house, and I have to admit, the first time I tried pea soup, I absolutely loved it.
Pea and broccoli soup
SERVES 4-6, MAKES APPROX 1.5 LITRES, OR 6 CUPFULS
1.25 litres hot water, from a recently boiled kettle
1 pure mint teabag
2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
2 fat or 4 small cloves garlic, peeled
300g frozen peas
300g fresh or frozen broccoli florets
● Pour the water into a saucepan, one that comes with a lid and that is also large enough to take all the ingredients later, then drop in the teabag, stir in the salt and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
● Take out the mint teabag, squeezing out all its minty juices as you do so, then put the lid on the saucepan and bring the mint-water to the boil.
● Once the mint-water is boiling, add the garlic and frozen peas, and then let the pan come back to the boil with the lid on.
● Now add the broccoli and cook, this time with the pan only partially covered, for about 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft. You do not have to alter this procedure should you be using frozen broccoli rather than fresh.
● Let the soup cool just a little before blitzing with a stick blender until smooth, then season to taste and serve.
Cool leftovers, then cover and refrigerate within 2 hours of making. Will keep in fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding extra water if needed, until piping hot.
Cooled soup can be frozen, in an airtight container, for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in fridge and reheat as Store Note.
Right I'm off to do stuff, love Friday's I do, and so ready for a huge mug of tea #SmileMoment
Have a great day BeYOUtiful, go make a stranger smile, and if you haven't already, go watch that video xx