Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Focusing on what matters, for a change that ain't food!



Tuesday 27th October 2015
At the end of the day all that matters is love and memories so make sure you give it and make sure you make them. - Trent Shelton

There's only one thing wrong with having a couple of days completely away from work, it makes getting back into the swing of things that little more difficult, I'm sure after a couple of coffees I'll be right though. 

Yesterday we went for another drive, this time to Cardingmilll Valley and yes they too do a mean cake mom informs me, she had a slice of sticky toffee apple cake and a hot chocolate.  There were ponies as well as sheep which Alfie wanted to play with and on the drive back, we were stopped by a sheep in the road and a grouse, everything was getting in front of our car!

When we got back, I nipped to Sainsbury's for some food, and I've made a big pan of beef stew to last me the next few days, I'm going to do F&H so I can just eat bowls of that, I'll have eggs on toast for my breakfast and that's my day sorted, one less thing to think about.  I've also bought a chicken, which I'll pop in the slow cooker on Thursday morning and leave, that's this week's food sorted.    Need quick and easy this week as I want to get on top of my paperwork, only got two hands and one head (notice I didn't say brain!) so I'm focusing on one thing at a time.

Yeah one thing at a time sounds like a plan, prioritise, realise some things can wait, and it all gets done eventually.  I rang the hospital, they're going to send out another appointment for mom either a Monday or Friday so I'll be able to go with her, that's one less thing to sort.

I'm feeling good and content, it's so lovely to know that I'm surrounded by people willing to help me out, even with the little things like fetching something from the shops that I haven't got time to go and collect.  I was supposed to be making grey peas for all my meetings this week but because we've been out and about all weekend, I never bought the peas, one of my lovely members has offered to make them for today's and drop them off this morning.  So that's one meeting sorted, aren't people lovely, I'm feeling blessed and full of gratitude at the moment, it's a nice place to be.

Now when I do my slow cooker chicken, I usually just plonk a chicken in, put the lid on and walk off, but I have to say this one sounds particularly tasty,



The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot

  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 1 large chicken
Instructions
  1. Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.
  2. Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  3. Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
  4. Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid.
  5. Cook for 4 – 5 hours on high (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Don't forget to make your homemade stock with the leftover bones!

Now my mouths drooling, I'll be off to get ready for work, enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, I know I will xx

No comments: