Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 12 October 2015

BOOM! Can I get a Whoop Whoop!



12th October 2015
It doesn't really matter who you used to be, what matters is who you're becoming!

BOOM!  I only went and lost 4lb, I'm proper pleased with that because I've enjoyed my week, everything I've eaten was thought about, not rushed or grabbed, not just because I was hungry and couldn't be bothered to think about it.  I haven't had to 'resist' because I haven't wanted it.  I finally feel 'in the zone', and now I've had that result, it'll motivate me to carry on, after all success breeds success, ain't that why Weight Watchers works.

I even indulged yesterday, after a great day in which I did a 20 minute meditation, a yoga session, a couple of hours of WW work, 3 hours of housework, yes not just the wipe the top kind, I'm talking the get down and dirty kind of cleaning!  Then I spent another 3 hours making a kitchen table from the planks of wood my brother got me, I really enjoyed doing this, we can now move about a bit better in our kitchen because the other table was too big.  I just need to get a couple of kitchen chairs without arms so they push under the table out of the way.  It's great to have some energy to want to do things like this, rather than just sit round all day eating and drinking and watching tv, don't get me wrong days like that have their place but not every weekend.

Once I'd finished tinkering I came back into the kitchen to cook our first meal that we sat up my table to eat, it was Herb Mangalore Chicken curry using the Spice Tailor range, I can't recommend her sauces enough, they're amazing and full of fresh spices.  Once that was cooked, I left a bit of the sauce in the pan and added a few handfuls of spinach and wilted that, it was all served with brown basmati rice and was absolutely delicious.  Then I did chill out with my mom in front of the tv and indulge in a bottle of the red stuff, and it was enjoyed for sure.

Mom went to bed really early, I went up just before 9, I'm going with my body, if it wants to get up at stupid o'clock, I'll let it and just go to bed early, it means I get some me time earlier in the day.

I like the version of me I've been this week, now to hold onto her and keep this enthusiasm for life and healthy eating going.  Normally mom has to hid her treats but I've been okay with them there, I don't want them, I want to weigh lighter, I want my waist back, and I'm going to get it.

If you don't like how you feel right now, it's time to change, I know it's not easy but it's doable, take it one tweak at a time, hell the idea of drinking a pint of water every morning a few months ago would've made me shudder, now some mornings like today, I get through 2 pints.  It's about creating habits, and that can be done, trust me.

We can all change, not just our eating, our behaviour too, we can change whatever we feel we want to.  Yesterday I realised I sometimes do something I need to not do, I'm not going to tell you what it was but I realised because someone has been annoying me a little (this is unusual as I don' t usually let people annoy me, it's not worth my energy), so what I tend to do when someone is bothering me is ask myself why, then ask myself if I'm every guilty of behaving that way, and I realised that yes occasionally I am, not as often as this person or as intense, but yes I do, so that's something I need to not do anymore. 

Well what to do today, what to eat today?  We've got a few things on the to do list, people to see, places to go, but the rest of my day's pretty flexible, might pre-cook and freeze a Thursday night meal so I come home to something delicious after my busiest day.  I'll go make a cuppa and a nosey at what's in the fridge before deciding I think.

Starting my working week feeling good, love Monday's I do, heck I love Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays too, that's what happens when you build a life you love.

Here's to a great week BeYOUtiful, take time for you.  xx

No comments: