Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 11 October 2015

Still smiling despite the crazy ;)



11th October 2015
You can't pour from an empty cup, take care of yourself first.

Well anyone who knows me knows I'm not a massive soup eater but I've been trying to get it in my diet because I know it's good for me, I've made a few I like but cauliflower and chick pea wasn't one of them and of course I made too much, mom thought it would pour down the sink but unfortunately it didn't and on top of all the other times she thought something would pour down the sink, finally the pipes revolted and oh my we had an entertaining and challenging afternoon unblocking well over 6ft of pipes, taking them all apart one at a time, because our kitchen isn't our kitchen anymore, our living room is our kitchen so the pipe from the sink has a life of its own, goes through two rooms lol.  I've never smelt anything like it, but we did it with a bit of patience, a not too strong stomach and a 2 meter piece of bendy metal that the hardware shop at Ashmore sold me, thank you Raj, you were my saviour because for some reason the plunger wouldn't even work on my sink - I don't know.

And I'm still on track despite all that!  I had a lovely crusty cob with low fat sausage and salad for my lunch, Lynne came over and I made her the same but she had steak instead of sausage, we're both on it like a car bonnet, getting this weight off we are!  Even after the crazy of the sink chaos, I didn't use it as an excuse, we went down the Tesco garage for bleach, bless the woman behind the counter, when I told her why I was buying 2 bottles of bleach, she said, "I thought you smelt of soup" then laughed her little heart out ;).  I just bought the bleach and a treat for mom, I went home and had a shower then prepared myself a lovely beef and Stilton salad with olives and gherkins, yep I'm not letting my emotions cause me to eat this week, I wished I could bottle this power!


Today's day 7, so I'm hoping the scales smile in the morning I really am, I also started my monthlies yesterday so hopefully that won't affect my result too much, either way, I feel great, I've eaten delicious food, I've even done Yoga again this morning so I definitely have more energy, I'm even contemplating a bit of housework today and ironing!  I enjoyed an hour in the garden yesterday de-nailing wood, ooo I've bought myself a nail gun thingy too ;) gonna have some fun with that! Must read the instructions first though!

I've not thought about what we're eating today though, need to go check out the fridge, I fancy chicken I think, possibly a curry, mmm yeah, that sounds like a plan, I'll start my day with scrambled eggs I think, maybe even cheese eggs stuffed in a pitta bread with spinach, that'll fill me up and keep me going for hours, then I'll have a light salad with a bit of tuna for lunch, that'll mean I can spend some time outside tatting,  and then we can have a chicken curry later on, sorted! 
Ooo I've just remembered Lynne bought me some Heck chicken sausages, paprika ones, they've bought out different flavours now, looking forward to trying those, I fancy the new 'zest' flavour too. Now I might have to have a couple of sausages with my brekkie too!

Anywho, it's time to get on with my day, bit of paperwork before a day all about me and my mom, love Sundays I do, it's our day, where I can ignore the phone if I choose, not that I do so much, I enjoy keeping in touch with my crazy members ;) they make me smile, oh they really do, from falling through doors, to wrapping lettuce in paper towels, and that's just one of them lol!  You had to be there!

Oh I almost forgot, those darn car keys of mine and proof I am my mother's daughter, yesterday morning I closed the boot with my keys inside, so I had to climb over the back seat and through all my boxes to get to them, apparently I looked like Garfield in the back of my car - I need them on a chain round my neck I really do! 
Enjoy your Sunday whatever your plans, find time for you, even if it's only 5 minutes to sit calm, I've realised I'm never going to be able to do classes at night, I'm just not that kind of person, I like to be in bed early, so I'm getting up earlier and having my 'me time' at the beginning of the day when I have more energy.  Find when and where you can fit in some you time, it really matters. Like my quote at the beginning say's "You can't pour from an empty cup, take care of yourself first."  It's not selfish, it's self care. Xx

Keep smiling BeYOUtiful x







No comments: