Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 9 October 2015

Feel fab for a Friday!

9th October 2015
Don't complain about things you're not willing to change!
Yay, it's Friday, I've had me a little lie in, by that I mean 5am ;) then I've done my 20 minute meditation, at some point today I'll do my yoga but first to blog and get my paperwork done. 

Yesterday was another good food day, this is what I ate;

Breakfast
Large egg (3pp), mushrooms, 2 anchovy, slice of bread (1pp) = 4pp

Yes I've realised I don't need two slices of bread with my breakfast, one is plenty.

Lunch
bowl of celery soup = 1pp

Tuna steak (3pp), veg rice & quinoa (5pp), broccoli and cauliflower = 8sp

Tea
Pitta bread 4sp, tikka chicken pieces 5pp, salad & gherkins = 9pp

I made a lovely chicken tikka salad pitta, bought the chicken and pitta from the Tesco garage on my way home, took minutes to knock up, I stood longer in the Chinese last week waiting for my chow mein!  And it tasted lovely and ensured I'm starting day 5 with plenty of weeklies, looking forward to the scales Monday for a change and feeling that I can stay in control and on track over the weekend.

I'm fancying making more soup as I finally can say I enjoyed the last one, as I've got some cauliflower, it might need to be a cauliflower cheese style soup, mmm.   We've got chicken pancakes for our main meal, love them.  Yes I'm in the zone WOO HOO, it's been a while since I have felt I want to eat...

I'm really looking forward to my weekend, I want to get in my garden and play with the wood my brothers got me, I even feel like tackling the chaos and mess that is my house, yeah I do, I'm thinking a little housework might be in order. 

There's not a lot going on in my head to blog this morning, there's lots of 'stuff' in there that's not for blogging, work and project ideas, but not anything to blog.

So I'll just share this soup recipe I'm contemplating making today.

Cauliflower, Cumin and Chickpea Broth

4pp per serving, serves: 4

This fabulous soup is packed with healthy vegetables to keep you feeling satisfied.

Ingredients
1 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray   
1 medium Onion(s), chopped   
2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed   
1 tablespoons (level) Cumin seeds   
1000 ml Water, (To make up stock)   
1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s)   
1 teaspoons Curry paste   
1 portion(s) (medium) Cauliflower, Raw, broken into florets   
400 g Chick Peas, cooked, drained and rinsed   
2 tablespoons Coriander, fresh   
1/2 pot(s) (small) Fat Free Natural Yogurt   

Instructions
Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray and gently fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for another minute.

Add the vegetable stock and curry paste and bring up to the boil. Add the cauliflower and chickpeas. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the cauliflower is just tender. Transfer half the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pan with the rest of the soup and add the coriander. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the soup is piping hot.

Serve each portion with 1 tbsp low fat plain yogurt, garnished with coriander sprigs.


Sounds tasty doesn't it, but I think I'd blend it all as I'm not a fan of the texture of chick peas so prefer them blended.

Right I'm off to get stuff done, feeling fab for a Friday morning, let's do this!  How you feeling BeYOUtiful?






No comments: