Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 June 2011

Look around, it's amazing!

30th June 2011

Friendship is like a bank account. You can't continue to draw on it without making deposits.

What an absolutely gorgeous day, it wasn’t until we finally arrived at the park 40 minutes after leaving the house that I realised I hadn’t really been paying attention to where we’d been walking, it actually took me a few minutes to remember the route Alfie had taken me because we always go different ways.  Usually I’m very aware and mindful of my surroundings I was quite surprised, but wherever my head had been it was almost meditative. 
Do you walk round in a daze, are you letting your life pass you by and missing the small stuff.  I try to notice the small stuff, especially when I’m walking in the morning because it is so peaceful and quiet, the photos are just some of the beauty I noticed this morning in the half hour after I came back to the moment, and became totally aware of where we were going again! 
 
Isn’t the world a beautiful place when you pay attention to the things that matter and stop focusing on the doom and gloom?  That’s why I don’t read the papers or watch the news, it’s much too depressing.

Here’s a tasty new breakfast idea - mix 50g extra light Philadelphia cheese with 1 teaspoon honey, spread over a warm WW bagel then top with sliced banana 6pp but very tasty and filling, and doesn’t have to be eaten only at breakfast time!
 
Another idea for a dessert, get a WW toffee bar, chocolate orange or caramel whip bar and chop into small pieces then pop into the freezer.  Make up a packet of Weight Watcher Strawberry whip (or angel delight type dessert of any make).  Add the frozen chocolate piece and pile high with banana slices.  Alternatively make the banana ice cream to add the chocolate pieces too or freeze the whip as well.  Mmm, the options are never ending, if only you let your imagination take over.

More members to goal yesterday, well done Lynsey and Debbie, just fantastic to see all these happy ladies walking out with their gold envelopes.  Remember it's the journey not just the goal that matter, a huge well done to Debbie last night for reaching her 8 stone weight loss - how absolutely amazing is that !! Whether you've lost 8lb or 8stone you all ROCK!  Never forget that. x

Yesterday I came across a very moving and powerful poem, written by Laura Nation 'This one is for you' is a powerful farewell to an eating disorder. Now if you know me at all, you know  I think it's more important to love yourself and your body whatever its size than to obsess about your weight to the extent that it makes you unhappy. Listen to it and realise YOU ARE GORGEOUS whatever you weigh. xx


I made the crispy potato and meatballs again yesterday, then last night had chicken in sweet chilli mayo, today I think I’m going to make cauliflower cheese of some kind, think I’ll try and get creative ‘-D   Ooo I luvs eating I do. Xx

Busy day so better get on my way. 

Enjoy this glorious morning. xx

No comments: