Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Phew - a loss ;D

14th June 2011
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
At the weekend we all snuggled on the sofas Sunday morning and watched Eat, Pray, Love, what a great movie and definitely one I want to watch again, it was full of thought provoking quotes and words of wisdom – whilst also being a great story.  In one scene there’s an Italian barber talking to Julia Roberts who’s playing the lead role American lady, this is what he says about the Americans, but I think you can include us Brits in this too;

“You don’t know how to enjoy yourselves.  You work too hard then you get burned out and spend the whole weekend at home in your pajamas in front of the tv.  You know how to have fun, but you don't know the pleasure of little things, you have to be told you’ve earned it.”
How scarily true is that!  He then went to talk about "dolce far niente", the sweetness of doing nothing."  I know so many people who are afraid to stop or feel they can’t stop because they have so much to do and if it doesn’t get done…..

Italy has been on of the last places to visit on my bucket list but I’ve never wanted to do the tourist bit of visiting the sites, I just want to sit outside a restaurant with a glass of red wine, eating a big bowl of spaghetti whilst watching the world go by and I’m thrilled because yesterday, I booked to do just that for a weekend with Chantel next year – whoop whoop, can’t wait.

Until then, I also intend to practice the art of "dolce far niente" here more often because that barber was right, we do overdo it and don’t “stop to smell the roses” anywhere near enough! 
So it was the big weigh in last night, my first time of being weighed by another leader in a few years and I was a little bit scared in that queue knowing I had a great weekend of fizz and food, so I was relieved when I lost ½lb, Katie lost 4½lb and Vicky lost 1½lb so all is good and we’re all on track for another loss next week.  My only obstacle this week is the good food show on Friday but if I save all my weekly and activity ProPoints for then I should be ok.  I want to weigh in under that next stone bracket next week, it’ll be the first time this year and I’m only 3lb off being able to not pay to attend meetings ;D which is even better, my monthly pass runs till June 5th so I’m planning to have done that by then.

I managed a great day yesterday, had 1pp left out of my allowance, and I had the most delicious tea for 8pp plus a big glass of red wine for 6pp, last week I didn’t drink from Monday – Thursday and I got the most amazing sweet tooth so I’ve decided that doesn’t work as normally I don’t want sweet things at all.  My tea was a plate of bits and bobs, including  bresaola beef from Sainsbury’s taste the difference, olives, pepper, courgette, apple tomatoes, Weight Watcher crackers and cheese triangles, I really enjoyed it and it took me ages to eat too as I ate it with my fingers. 

Yes I have to admit I really do like eating the right kind of food, I eat the junk such as pringles but I can honestly say when I’m doing it I’m not really enjoying them, it’s almost an automatic thing that I do quite quickly too!  I zone out when I eat foods like that whereas I zone in when I eat food like that in the photo above.

I’m cooking the oriental salmon recipe from the Simply Enjoy cook book today for 8pp, mmm, hungry already ;D

Have a fabulous day, the sky looks glorious. xx









No comments: