Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 24 June 2011

I'm taking some time alone with someone wonderful! xx

June 24th 2011

I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward. Thomas Alva Edison


I’m in slow motion this morning, me and Alfie have aimlessly walked round for 90 minutes and I’ve just enjoyed a leisurely breakfast of Greek Yogurt, banana and honey, it cost me 6pp but it was delicious and light and I’m after energy foods today.  When I’ve wrote this and done my paperwork, I’m going to have an hour in the bath too, I’m making today all about me, I have a few errands I have to do but the rest of the day is for me.  After my bath, I’m going to do a meal plan for the week, maybe cook a meal and as my final treat I have a massage booked, the first this month!


I bought me a book the other week from a gift show and it was called ‘take time alone’ the gift of being with yourself.  It was saying how our lives are so busy. Full of people and things to do. Our days are chaotic and confusing trying to get it all done. We know we need our own personal space. We ache to get away.  The book is about taking time to be with your self. It explains it can be more important to be with your own self than to be with others. It is as important to be in "your world" as it is to be in "the world".  But it is hard to take time alone. We feel we are wasting time. There are parts of our lives we would rather not think about, so we keep busy.  By taking time alone we can look at unresolved problems and be in touch with our sadness.  By being with all the different parts of ourselves, we will grow and become more whole.  What we find within ourselves, when we take time alone, is enormous. We can rediscover who we really are. We look within and see the things that are precious and meaningful to our lives. We realize our hopes and dreams. We are nourished by just "being". We find a sense of calm that renews us.  It then goes on to tell you all the reasons it’s good to be alone.  How true, so today I’m going to find me a bit of that alone time.


I believe spending time alone is a great way to clear your mind and rejuvenate your thinking. Some people do not like to be alone whereas others love it. Either way, if you want to be as happy as possible, it's important to rejuvenate your mind regularly and "balance" your thinking.

While there are many ways to achieve this (like meditation or exercise, for example) one thing everyone can do is to spend some time alone, just reflecting on life, appreciating beauty, prioritising activities, and just being present in the moment.

Many people - even those who like spending time alone - use the excuse that there's just no time for it. These are the people who need it most and must make the time. Importantly, like a great financial investment, the time you "invest" in being alone - even for just a few minutes - will reap significant benefits by making you more productive the rest of the time.

Here are some simple ideas for spending time alone.


  • Take a walk around the park or along a beach
  • Go somewhere and watch a sunset from start to finish
  • Walk or drive around your neighbourhood
  • Go to the gym
  • Stroll through a public garden
  • Lock yourself in a room with headphones on and listen to music
  • Meditate
  • Take a nap
  • Read a book

Think of your own "best way" to "get away" and spend time alone. It doesn't matter how you do it, it's just important that you do it ... and do it regularly. You will almost certainly get something from it.

I’m going to use some time alone to help me get back on track with my diet, one of my members (thanks Sue) suggested that if you were struggling you should put yourself first and remember your reasons, so that’s what I’m going to do, I’m going to sit down with all my books and have a few hours in my office working on ME ;D, I’m going to put the ‘do not disturb’ sign on my facebook and office door, I’m going to turn my phone on silent and I’m going to have a few hours taking care of me.  I feel better already!

I hope each day will bring you time alone with someone wonderful... you!






No comments: