Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 6 June 2011

Raring to go!

6th June 2011

You feed your body every day. You must also feed your mind.

Monday morning again and raring to go! Although I wouldn’t have said no to another hour in bed thinking about it ;D I worked quite a lot of this weekend and my office is almost sorted, but I still managed to get plenty of relaxation fitted in.

I was working at the weekend, not always a good idea but now and again it’s okay, after my meeting with my boss on Friday, I spent some time sorting through my members card boxes and looking at my meetings stats to see where I can improve – everyone can always improve.

The same goes for our diet, it’s easy to just get complacent and think well as long as I’m losing weight does it matter what I eat, but it does. By making better food choices, losing weight is easier. That’s why I love using the track book because not only is there space to write down what you’ve eaten but you can also mark off how many fruit and vegetables you’ve had, whether you’ve had your dairy intake, enough water, what exercise you’ve undertaken, any questions you want to ask your leader. And just picking the book up to write it in reminds you how important it is to you to lose weight because otherwise you wouldn’t be tracking!

Yes I’ve noticed the weeks I track in my track book are the weeks I have the best results because it’s a constant reminder of what I’m trying to achieve.

Whilst I think about it, don’t forget the sale starts this week;

WEIGHT WATCHERS ******SUMMER SALE****** 25% OFF Stock is gonna go fast
Propoints Pedometer Plus now £12.71 reduced from £16.95
Propoints Kitchen Scales now £29.96 reduced from £39.95
Propoints calculator now £7.46 reduced from £9.95
Essentials pack now £7.46 reduced from £9.95
Delux Essentials pack now £14.95 reduced from 19.95
Eat Out now £3.38 reduced from £4.50
Shop now £4.13 reduced from £5.50
Track now £3.38 reduced from £4.50

This offer is only available from 5th June to 2nd July 2011 (coupons cannot be used in conjunction with this offer)

I found this recipe on the Sainsbury’s feed your family for a fiver and thought it look really tasty so used Weight Watchers esource recipe builder to ProPoint it, though it’s quite high I think it would be very filling, serve with a side salad.

Tomato, spinach and red onion frittata
Serves 4, 15pp each

1 x 1kg pack salad potatoes (20pp)
2 tablespoons olive oil (8pp)
2 red onions, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
9 medium eggs, beaten (16pp)
135g British mild Cheddar, finely grated (15pp)
500g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted in microwave and squeezed dry
225g tomatoes, sliced
500g pack frozen broccoli florets
350g courgettes, cubed

1 Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, until tender, then drain and slice thickly.

2 Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 23cm frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5-10 minutes, until soft, adding the garlic for the last minute.

3 In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs with half the cheese. Add the onion, garlic, potato and spinach, and stir gently to coat all the vegetables.

4 Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frying pan. Pour in the tortilla mixture and top with the tomatoes.

Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and cook over a low heat for 12 minutes, until the bottom has set.

5 Meanwhile, boil the broccoli and courgettes for 3-4 minutes, then drain. Preheat the grill to hot.

6 Place the frittata pan under the grill for 5 minutes, until the egg is cooked through. Cut into 4 and serve with the broccoli and courgettes.

If you’ve got any fab looking recipes don’t forget the Weight Watchers esource is free to monthly pass holders.

I received a lovely email yesterday from a member who no longer attends my meeting as she moved to Wiltshire, she does however still read my daily emails, please feel free to share my blog/emails/website with anyone you know who may find it useful in some way, they don't have to be my member.

I’m off to walk Alfie before the rain starts falling.

Here’s to another great start to the week.
xx

No comments: