Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 June 2011

WORDS OR WEAPONS! & I joined a WW Meeting ;D

7th June 2011

Anger or hatred is like a fisherman's hook. It is very important for us to ensure that we are not caught by it. Dalai Lama

Guess what I did last night, I went to Weight Watchers, no not just as a leader but after my meeting, I bought me a monthly pass and went to a meeting as a member with my mates, it was great. Me and the girls are so busy we hardly ever see each other these days so this is a way of killing two birds with one stone. We get to spent an hour together catching up each week and hopefully it will focus the three of us to get us losing some weight ready for our holiday to New York later in the year. I’d stayed the same on the scales since last week, which I’m pleased about but now I want to lose this week, it’s going to be difficult because I’m at my mates house the weekend with the girls, but I will do my best. I’ve got no wine in the house so at least I won’t be drinking until the weekend that should save me a few ProPoints.

Katie also made me my tea which was delicious, Chorizo lasagne (12pp) – a recipe she’d adapted from an old Weight Watcher cookbook, I don’t eat much pasta but it was delicious. So the three of us are in it together and focused on losing, dieting’s so much easier with support.

WORDS OR WEAPONS!

I was having a conversation with a lady yesterday who’d really been annoyed and hurt by comments made to her by another, has someone ever said something to you and you felt like you’d been stabbed? The next time that happens you have to remind yourself that no one can hurt you without your permission, so don’t let them, instead choose not to accept their nasty comment and see it for what it is, someone who obviously feels bad about themselves trying to bring you down to feeling the same way. A good standard reply to a nasty comment is, “And you’re saying that because?” Throw it back at them and see if they can explain who they’ve said such an awful thing, if they look at you confused as them if trying to make you feel bad has made them feel good!

And if you’re the person who says the nasty comments, STOP doing it, if you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all! Think before you speak and ask if there’s any reason for you to say it.

Enough of me on my soap box! I took my nephew out in my car at the weekend to have a go on a car park to see if driving is for him and of course it was so we came home and ordered his provisional license. Then we discussed what else he'd need to help him pass his test. Obviously the first thing was driving lessons preferably with a damn good instructor not me because I was rubbish. We all have our talents and that wasn't one of mine ;). Next on the list was a highway code book and theory test info and the list went on, and of course included money because there's not much you can do without it!

Whenever you start something there is usually a list of things you need to do it from booking a holiday to losing weight. And sometimes different things help different people. For example my essentials when losing weight are my kitchen scales because otherwise I suffer from portion distortion and my calculator to ProPoint packaging when I'm shopping. I also find using the Track book useful so I can keeps running tally of what I'm eating. My mom on the other hand has to have a supply of low ProPointed sweet stuff and snacks to hand - thank goodness her daughters a leader with access to all those bars and bakes (I have to pay for them I'd like to add), my sister cooks a great deal so she's always using the cookbooks and waiting for the next one too arrive so in-between she also enjoys the recipes that are in Your Week and the Weight Watchers magazines. It's important to find what works for you, to identify the tools that will help you succeed. I almost forgot my favourite tool is my wineometer or as its better known the Weight Watcher pedometer, obviously that's not a necessity but it most certainly is a nicety because it helps me accurately work out my activity ProPoints, yesterday I earned 8pp by working and walking the dog – cool eh.

Okay, I’m off now, lots to do, weight to lose ;D

Have a fabulous day and happy birthday to my bestie xx

No comments: