Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 June 2011

I've paid for it so I'm eating it!

June 2nd 2011


One day a small boy was trying to life a heavy stone, but he couldn’t budge it. His father, passing by, stopped to watch his sons efforts. “Finally he said to his son: are you using all your strength?” Exasperated, the boy cried “Yes, I am” “No you’re not,” said the father calmly. “You haven’t asked me to help you.” (A fresh packet of sower’s seeds, Brian Cavanaugh)

We all need help at some time, it’s learning to ask for it that’s the real challenge. It makes me sad when I have to lapse members cards because they’ve stopped coming to the meetings, I try to notice those members that are struggling but some slip through the net, they’ll go to one of my helpers to get weighed so I don’t notice, or they’ll tell me they’re okay with that gain, when really inside they’re gutted. I can’t help if I don’t know what’s wrong, if I don’t know you’re struggling with personal problems, or money worries or if you just don’t understand the plan. You have to communicate with me, I don’t do psychic slimming xx

So if you are having any difficulties, if your not getting the results you expect – speak to me, email me, text me, don’t send me psychic messages cos I won’t hear them. I’m here to help and that’s what I want to do.

What makes me really happy though is when a member returns and it’s the right time for them, everything clicks into place, I have a lady in my meeting at the moment that springs to mind immediately, last night she told me that the first thing she does in a morning is make a cup of tea and read my blog and in her words she said, “Because it’s important”, and it is, it’s very important that we all put ourselves first sometimes, that we realise we are the number 1 most important person in the world, because if you’re not taking care of you, then you can’t take care of anyone else.

Half term can be a nightmare I know, but I have to say I’ve been thrilled by the amount of you that have come to get weighed, Tuesday morning had so many kids running about on the stage, I thought I was doing auditions for Oliver the musical! I’d forgotten it was half-term otherwise I’d have took some painkillers in anticipation ;D and maybe put extra calpol in the lollipops! So don’t use those scrumptious little children of yours as an excuse for you not to get weighed, because you have my permission to drag them along with you.

Changing the subject to food I had cod roe for lunch yesterday with oven chips, it was delicious and low in ProPoints too, 3pp per 100g, mmm tasty. I fried it using my WW Oil Spray to save on the ProPoints and I was really satisfied after eating it all.

I had a microwave fish finger bap (6pp) for tea, those Feaster ones from Asda, as the mince didn’t defrost quick enough so the Beef Larb will be today’s lunch and tea is still being thought about.

Here’s a thought, something I read yesterday, if you want to get to goal in 2011 and look amazing at your Christmas parties in your little black dress or suit , there’s only 28 weigh ins left of 2011 (this made me wince a little, thinking about Christmas in June!) But I like this thought, 1 lb a week = 2 stone off! 1.5 lb a week = 3 stone off and 2 lb a week = 4 stone! All u need to do is stay within your pro points budget and enjoy the journey - YOU CAN DO IT!

Changing habits and thought patterns is what it’s all about, for example if you have the eating out thought pattern that “I’ve paid for it so I’m eating it”, change that thought pattern to the same as my member Ros’s, which is, “If I eat it, I’m going to pay for it”, she obviously meant at the scales! Remember it’s only a thought and a thought can be changed. xx

Start questioning your thought patterns, for example when it rained on Monday, did you automatically say, “typical bank holiday Monday, it always rains”, or did you acknowledge that the other bank holidays this year were pretty good!

Start looking for the positives – they’re always there xx

Have a glorious day, I’m going to ;D

No comments: