Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 3 June 2011

What's your WANTivation?

3rd June 2011
We can’t reach our goals if we’re standing in our own way.

I made the tastiest dinner yesterday from the new cookbook, it was a meatball dish done in a frying pan with potatoes and cheese and only 8pp a portion, absolutely delicious and definitely on my to do again list.

I was looking through some old magazines too and found this take 5 recipe which I’ve inputted into Weight Watchers esource recipe builder to convert it to ProPoints (if you’ve got the monthly pass, make use of this free tool, it’s brilliant)

Speedy jambalaya
Serve’s 2, 8pp per serving, 5 minutes to cook

Heat a wok, mist with low fat spray and add a 250g pack Uncle Ben’s Express rice (any flavour you like), add 100g frozen peas and 2tbsp cold water. Cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring. Add 150g king prawns and stir for 1 minute to heat through. Stir in ½ pack chopped fresh coriander and add a squeeze of lemon. Serve.

Isn’t it a gorgeous day again, me and Alfie have just got back from the park, I think he’d have walked forever this morning but I couldn’t because I’ve got a meeting with my boss! Hopefully I’m not in trouble ;D Then it’s a weekend of relaxation for me, I will finish off tidying my office though, but then I’m going to enjoy some of this sunshine and chill out.

I love to listen to my members talking to each other, and yesterday I was listening to a couple talk about the delights of buying new clothes and not having to go to what they called, “the fat shop”, they’d most certainly found their WANTivation, it’s always good to have a reason for losing weight and as good as health reasons are, you can’t beat a bit of vanity either! 8% of women join Weight Watchers because they want to get into skinny jeans. Any and all reasons are valid, so work out what yours are. At the moment one of my reasons is I want to get back to goal to be able to do my job better, if I’m following the plan, then my members are more likely too. And my long term motivation is that I want to be able to maintain my goal weight, I have maintained 11st now for 12 months but it’s not my goal, my goal is 10st 6lb and that’s my mission, to get there and to stay there. I want to be able to enjoy food but to also be able to know when to stop. That’s my real desire, the power to stay no!

So what are your reasons?

Helping me to do that is my new found love of cooking, I don’t always feel like it but when I bother to cook from scratch the results are so worth the effort, that dinner yesterday was on the table in under an hour and it was so delicious. I’ve also found that realising I can eat anything (not just diet food) makes a great deal of difference; it’s all about the portion sizes and watching the amount of snacking that goes on.

On that note I’m going to do my paperwork, and go for my meeting, then enjoy a lazy weekend of relaxation, cooking and hopefully a bit of sunbathing.

Enjoy your day xx

No comments: