Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 June 2011

3pp main meals

15th June 2011

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. Buddha
Didn’t want to get out of bed this morning, very unlike me!  Not sure if it’s the heat or the busy weekend I haven’t caught up from and now I’ve agreed to cover a leaders meeting this Saturday so gonna have less time off. 


So yesterday I made the mistake of using myself as the wastebin instead of the one in the kitchen!  I had a pack of Warburton square wraps which were about to go out of date and I didn’t want to waste them and ended up having one for breakfast with mushrooms and another for lunch with honey soy salmon and salad both delicious but used up a lot of my ProPoints.  I realised because I’m using my track book and had already planned in my glass of red wine for when I got back from work that I was only left with 3pp out of my daily allowance (I’m saving my weeklies for Friday Good Food Show). 


I had the idea of sending out a text challenge to see who could come up with the best 3pp main meal suggestion and I received lots of responses, some better than others, ½ glass of wine being one of the silly ones ;D


Here are some of the ideas that proves you can stay within budget even when you’ve got a little crazy;


Rachel was full of ideas, with “Warbutons thin 3pp, tomato purée, mushrooms, onions peppers NO cheese... Grilled with loadsa salad... OR Omelette, 1 egg, 3 egg White 3pp mushrooms, courgette, diced pepper n roasted veg or salad... That's what I'd have anyway lol x”


Then later she text “Ok I've thought of another lol! 2x turkey rashers grilled 1pp, loadsa mushrooms (fried in non stick pan with spray), half can chopped tomato's, 1 grilled halved tomato and a boiled or poache egg 2pp :) think I'm gna av that 1 for tea lol!!! Or two stuffed mushrooms with veg of choice and 3pp worth of cheese spit betweenthe two and side salad... Think I'm gettin this weeks menu done haha


I think she had some great ideas, one of which I kind used as I ended up cooking 3 eggs (5pp) & 3 egg whites (1pp) (Alfie ate the yolks microwaved them) mushrooms, pepper, spring onions, courgette and capers and made a huge frittata.  I used one of the WW pan liners in my frying pan so I didn’t have to use oil to cook it then sprinkled 3pp worth of cheese on the top and browned under the grill.   I had a third of it with a side salad and I can have the other for lunch today.  It was delicious and very satisfying.  It was also quick and easy to make as I had all the ingredients already in the fridge.


I loved this idea from Lisa, she suggested “How about scoop out centre of a courgette and place both halves on baking sheet. In pan cook 1 rasher of bacon (1pt) spring onions, drain tin of tomatoes with garlic, dash of Worcester sauce, salt and pepper and 1 skinned pork sausage thin (2pts). Put filling in courgette halves, cover and cook in oven 4 approx 20 mins. Serve with veg and enjoy”.


Val also had a great idea of “Poached 120g haddock 2pp. Served on salad with lettuce, tom's, cucumber, red onion, mixed peppers, beetroot.1tbs. Sweet chilli sauce drizzled over followed by fresh strawberries yummy”


Esther said “whole egg-2pp. 2egg whites omelette,wiv mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, leek, with lots of salad on side! Oil and mayb small sprinkle of cheese for the last 1pp! Well done on ur weight loss yday!”


Jackie had a great idea of “100 g King Prawn marinated in grated ginger and garlic, zest & juice of a lime and chopped coriander (leave for an hour), stirfry veg, onion, grated carrot, sliced cabbage and beansprouts, peppers, add marinade at the end for a nice sauce mmmmm....” unfortunately I’m allergic to prawns but it does sound delicious because I used to love them.


I couldn’t fault Karen who came up with an entire 3 course meal “Starter melon 0pp. Main course vegetarian curry half pp for olive oil to fry onions chillies n garlic, served with roast butternut squash and roast beetroot wedges and pea shoots n green leaves. Add 25grams white rice for 2 half points. Sweet is fresh fruit salad. Drink no cal fruit water chilled with ice. Enjoy. X”


Whereas Nicola suggested “3 rice cakes or an apple sandwich :) x x”  I thought the apple sandwich was a joke but according to members in my meeting last night they eat them! Wierdy’s


I have to say I really enjoyed my omelette but I particularly enjoy the idea of Lisa’s baked courgettes and plan to cook them soon.


The weight losses are great still with 126lb lost last night and 154lb lost yesterday morning, well done to everyone at Willenhall, actually well done to all my meetings as you’re all doing so well, even those that are struggling or not doing so well you keep smiling and doing your best and that’s all we can ask. Xx


Today’s challenge (you can either email ideas, comment on blog, post of fb wall or send me a text) is lunch ideas for a member who works 7 days a week – yes 7, she only gets half hour lunch and ends up snacking because her sandwich isn’t filling her up.  So what would you recommend that’s quick and easy to prepare?


I’m just off to walk Alfie, have a great day xx

No comments: