Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 18 June 2011

It's a naked lady!!! YAY ;-)

18th June 2011

You don't need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding. Guy Finley

Fabulous day yesterday at the good food show, I’d say I easily ate/drank everyone of my remaining ProPoints – possibly more but it was worth it, I’ll stick to 29 today and tomorrow and hope for the best on Monday night at weigh in.  We arrived about 11.30am and it wasn’t as busy as I’d expected it to be which was great, we wandered round the stalls, sampled as many things as possible, toffee vodka is a little bit too nice and chocolate wine mmm well dangerous stuff is all I’d say they’d both be much to easy to drink.  Cheese was the highlight for me, I got my hands on some Cornish Blue which won the world cheese award last year and damn tasty it was too, with the fig pickle I bought from "my secret kitchen" stand mmm, finish it off with a drop of port and that for me is the perfect meal.  I was also impressed by the one pot meals from the easy bean company, keep you eye out for them in Waitrose and Sainsbury’s they varied between 6-9 ProPoints and were tasty, although we may be pinching the idea and making our own versions, if it works I’ll let you know.

We finished our day with lunch at the MasterChef restaurant,

Oriental salmon ceviche with ginger, soy and sesame oil, white radish, flaked almond and coriander salad (inspired by Andi Peters – Celebrity MasterChef Series 3) washed down with the suggested wine of course ;D.
















For main I opted for the curried lamb cheeseburger served with cumin and coriander fries and onion ale mayo (inspired by Tim Anderson – Masterchef Series 7 – the only series I’ve actually watched!), I had to tell them their chips were cold though, they did go and get me some hot ones thankfully. 
I didn’t opt for dessert, Jo and I had another drop of one of the suggested wines instead whilst Lynne had the Hazelnut and raspberry meringue, vanilla mascarpone (inspired by Nadia Sawalha – Celebrity Masterchef Series 2) it did look delicious as I’m sure you’ll agree.  The best part of the meal was actually the conversation, we had a really good chin wag which I have to say wasn’t impressing the staff because we were the last ones to leave the restaurant!  We sat, chatted, watched people queue to get Greg Wallace and John Torode's autograph and just had a fabulous time putting the world to rights, sharing our memories, discussing our issues and realising how lucky we really are to be alive.  I think Greg Wallace is quite cute but not cute enough to leave my table to go meet, not when we were having so much fun.   I’d definitely love to go to another food show, unfortunately the one in November is at the same time as my holiday so it’ll have to wait.


One of the conversations we had at the table was about sex – a subject female conversation often goes to after alcohol has been introduced to the table ;D, and I shared a comment with my friends that a man once told me, thought I’d share it all with you now, especially if you are conscious about your naked body and how a man might look at you when you undress or what might be going through his mind about the weight you’ve gained as you start to get undressed.  Seriously HE ISN’T THINKING ANYTHING AT ALL, he’s just turned back into a 13 year old boy and he’s smiling, jumping up and down and singing “SHE’S TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF, YAY! IT’S A NAKED LADY AND SHE’S GOING TO LET ME TOUCH HER!!! Trust me, he’s now hyper excited and doesn’t give two hoots about your love handles, your bingo wings, or your muffin top, he’s just really, really, really excited cos he’s about to have sex!  So ladies stop worrying about your body, he loves it.

I’m working today for a change, covering a meeting for another leader, it’ll be nice to meet other members and also it’s some money towards paying for yesterday’s bill!   How ever you’re spending your weekend – enjoy yourself, stay on track but allow yourself to enjoy your food.   And why not earn some bonus Activity ProPoints by making love to your other half because he thinks you’re gorgeous!

Enjoy your day xx




No comments: