Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 25 June 2011

Building a food mountain!

25th June 2011  
An education system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life.

Yesterday I had a 'me day' and took myself out to lunch, I went for a carvery at The Toby pub at Norton Canes roundabout, it was delicious (the meal not the roundabout!) and the gammon was to die for. I was seated not far from the serving counter and it really did make for interesting viewing - watching people try and get as much on their plate as possible was amusing to say the least. One man picked up his Yorkshire pudding and used his mash as a base to stick it back on to, which he had filled with carrots and peas. Most people have two roasters but I worked out that was only because physically they couldn't balance another one onto the plate and unless your canny and realise that after getting your meat you need to start at the other end of the server, then your stuffed so to speak because the good stuffs at the end! What was frightening was the women were having the same size portions as the men with them who were twice their size and we wonder why we have weight problems!

The only people who weren't piling their plates to the ceiling were the oap's, they've obviously got to a point in their lives where they've accepted you can't eat everything on the planet before you die!!!!! The rest of us are apparently still not convinced and still trying to do just that!

Our interaction with food is complicated, we overeat, undereat, we’re obese, we’re anorexic, we’re obsessed.  It’s only to be expected that we have these complicated relationships with food.  Think about it, most human beings that have ever lived have lived with the uncertainty that they will have enough to eat.

We’re programmed, we’re hardwired to be obsessed with food because we’re animals and all animals are obsessed with food.  We have to be!  It’s just that we live out that obsession with complicated ways forced on us by modern life and faced with a new problem, one our ancestors never had, we know we’ll never go hungry unless we choose to, there are no natural limits to our appetites so we have to learn limits, we have to learn when to stop.  We need to teach ourselves when enough is enough!  Isn’t that easier said than done, but I’ll continue teaching myself that lesson for as long as it takes, will you?

Today I'm off to Wodensfield Primary School Summer Fete, (Wednesfield WV11 1PW) if you’re in the area why not pop in and have a natter, it's your chance to get some one on one time as I’ll be there from 11am-1pm, I’m hoping it’s gonna be indoors after all this rain!

I had a lovely card given to me by my boss yesterday which had a copy of an email in it that had been sent in by a member, it was lovely and really nice to be acknowledged. I love my job, it’s the best in the world. Have you ever thought you could do it? Weight Watchers are always on the lookout for inspiring leaders, why not take a look at the recruitment info on their website, you don't have to be like me, and they need different personalities for different members.



Well I better go get ready for 2 hours surrounded by kids!  I must be crazy ;D

Enjoy your day xx  remember when the universe throws rain at you – play in the puddles. xx

No comments: