Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Scales went down by 3lb - YAY

1st June 2011


“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” Yoda

The Bank Holiday’s messed with my body clock, I slept till the alarm this morning and I’m usually up well before then, I’ll soon be back to normal I’m sure. I was chuffed yesterday lost 3lb, so back on track for the challenged just got to do two good weeks in a row now ;D and the key to success for me anyway really is planning. I hadn’t yesterday and when I came home last night I wasn’t prepared and ended up having a packet of Sharwoods Microwave Noodles which cost me 13pp and you’ve only got to look at that packet to realise that what you’re guessing are the ProPoints in your chow mein’s from the takeaway is possible underestimating!

So this morning I shall plan my entire day’s meals, I know I’ve got some beef mince I could take out of the freezer and make the Spiced Beef larb from the Seriously Satisfying cookbook which of course I now know exactly where it is because I’ve tidied up my house! My office will be 100% sorted by Sunday and I have to say I’m really enjoying the feeling after it’s done, just got to stay on top of it all now.

I haven’t bitten my nails since Friday, when I was having my massage, Karen said to me something like, “this isn’t nail biting Bev, this is more like ‘self-harm’” OUCH! That initially made me laugh but really hit a nerve and made a point, I realised that when I do it, I do actually hurt myself sometimes, I make my fingers bleed and they end up really sore, so everytime I’ve gone to bite this week I’ve thought of the words ‘self harm’ and I’ve stopped instantly, it’ll be weeks if not months before they look ok but at least they’re not sore anymore.

Whilst I was thinking about his term, ‘self-harm’, it’s also what we’re doing if we continually overeat, if we’re not self-harming from an health point of view, we are from an emotional point because we’re trying to lose weight, so by overeating we’re making ourselves feel bad which really isn’t any good for us. So that’s my new ‘ouch’ word, the word that’ I’m using to remind me that I need to cherish my body with good food and loving care not rubbish junk food that makes me feel sluggish and stodgy.

I think I’ll make roast vegetables to go with my beef larb and if I make extra I can do nann bread roasted vegetable pizzas later. I love my pan liners which save on the washing up, as I hate washing dirty oven trays! Especially as I put balsamic vinegar on my roast veg and it goes very sticky on the tins, so the liners stop that. Hark at me I’m starting to sound like a domestic goddess ;)

Well Alfie’s almost talking to me so I better go walk the dude.

Have a great day, it looks like it’s going to be a sunny one.

xx

No comments: