Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 June 2011

Church of the Weight Watcher!

9th June 2011

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Have you noticed some mornings just run away from you, today's one of those for me. I got out of bed at the usual time and yet I seem to be behind with everything and I have to be out of the house soon for work.

Yesterday’s blog got a few replies, one suggesting that instead of a religion where we believed in something more powerful than us, we instead choose to have a religion where we believe in ourselves? She went on to say "many of us especially the ones who need to lose a few pounds/stone have little or no faith in ourselves. Which is a shame really because we DO all have the power to change, I totally agree with what you have said today which has lead me to respond to this mail. Earlier this week I thought about having faith in myself and the power/willpower to change and this time for good. I can choose to eat anything I like and portions that I want and with this I choose to stay fat - or - I can choose to eat anything I like, but with the knowledge that if I don’t take charge of the quantity, if I choose to maybe not
point some things I'll con myself into believing I've tracked this week and should lose weight. Coming to WW is like the Catholics going to a confessional. We would go once a month and confess our sins, we now go once a week to weigh ourselves in front of our (Priest) Bev and she can see through us like God can"

Interesting stuff ay, it reminded me of a meeting I once did about the seven deadly sins in the church of the Weight Watchers, I'll try and find it out. I do remember one of them was "they shalt not commit adultery by going on anyone else's scales but mine"

Yesterday’s text message got a few ‘stop’ replies too, and one angry response from a mom, again I’m truly sorry for sending it out so early, I pressed the wrong button it was in error

You can tell I'm rushed I'm actually writing this blog over the park whilst Alfie's having his morning run- there's always a solution. Yesterday was just as busy but somehow I managed to throw together and get a chicken casserole in the oven in ten minutes so at least today's lunch is sorted.

My breakfast yesterday was delicious, I just fancied a bacon sandwich so I made a healthy version using just the lean part of the bacon, I had the white bit of the hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, salad leaves and two toasted Warburton thins, absolutely delicious for nine ProPoints. A little of what you fancy does you good.

I've earned 24 activity ProPoiints so far towards the weekend so still on course for a loss next weigh day.

Having a fabulous week in my meetings this week, I really do have the best job in the world, my members always manage to make me smile, laugh and sometimes even cry - this week has mostly been a lot of laughing. Three members have also achieved their goal weights this week so are now official members of the exclusive Weight Watchers gold club, always a great feeling.

It's a glorious morning over the park, so peaceful; all I can hear are the birds and the faint distant hum of traffic from the motorway. The sky is full of clouds but the suns managing to shine through at the moment, so I'm making the most of it. I've just watched two pigeons rooftop surfing which was rather amusing, I actually think their trying to have a bit of nookie but the roofs too slippy lol.

I’m home now so lots to do, catch you laters, and have a fabulous day full of laughter if you can xx
Laughter is an instant vacation!

No comments: