Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 June 2011

At peace with my weight..

20th June 2011
To see your drama clearly is to be liberated from it. Ken Keyes, Jr
That weekend went super fast didn’t it!  I spent Saturday morning working, and yesterday morning helping my brother  set up his website, facebook group and twitter page for his business www.kmlgas.co.uk which filled a couple of hours then for the rest of the day we chilled out.
Whilst walking Alfie this morning round the estate, I got to thinking about how we never take the same route twice, Alfie has a knack of choosing a different way most days, although a lot of the time we end up on the same park. I started to realise me and probably a lot of those reading this are the same where their weight loss is concerned. We have probably taken so many different routes over the years to try and achieve the same thing - weight loss. If you’re like me your version of Alfies park is a Weight Watchers meeting :)

Personally I've found Weight Watchers to be the only plan I can adapt to my personality and life style. Some weeks I love spending time in the kitchen and cooking delicious recipes, then other times like this weekend I wanna sit on my backside and eat frozen pizza - both of which options can be done when following the Weight Watchers ProPoints plan.

I know the scales are unlikely to smile at me this week after the Good Food show and the frozen pizza but I'm okay with that because I'm a lifer! Yep I have acknowledged that I love to eat, sometimes more than others
and I've made peace with that, I know I could be a stone or even two lighter than I am but I'm not willing to sacrifice all those delicious meals I'd have to forgo to be that weight, I am willing to compromise though so that I don't end up a stone or two or three or more heavier.

I'm at my happy weight, I'll continue to work at it and will never give up, I've lost a few pounds over the last five weeks and hopefully I'll lose more in the weeks to come. I'm in balance and at peace with food and that's more important to me than those last few pounds.
Well I better get ready for work, Alfie took me on a 90 minute walk today so I’m a little behind, so I’ll leave you with a tasty recipe I come across in one of the Sunday magazines yesterday;
BBQ Mushroom Burgers 6pp each
250g Portobello mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil (8pp)
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juke
4 burger buns (16pp)
tomatoes
4 handfuls salad
METHOD
1) Wipe the mushrooms clean and place in a freezer bag with the olive oil
chilli, garlic lemon juice and seasoning.
2) Secure the bag, then turn the bag several times to coat the
mushrooms evenly, then leave to one side for 30 minutes.
3) Cook over a hot barbecue or under a hot grill for 8 minutes, turning regularly until piping hot and cooked through. Pile into burger buns, top with cheese, pickles or salad, and all your favourite accompaniments.
Have a great day xx

No comments: