Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 5 June 2011

Always look on the bright side of life!

5th June 2011
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities; an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. Reginald B Mansell

Which are you? An optimist or a pessimist, this went through my mind yesterday after someone commented, “But for how long” on my Facebook status update. I realised I don’t think that way, whenever I do something I always believe it’ll last forever, for example even though I’ve always been an untidy person, after my mass sort out and the big tidy up last weekend, I truly believed I’d keep it that way forever. I’m not sure if that makes me an optimist or a fool ;-D but I like to look on the bright side.

And as my favourite astrologer, Jonathan Cainer, said in my zodiac forecast (I’ve scarily took career advice from his column once – he regularly seems to be in tune with my life at the time) yesterday “pessimists find good news worrying. If something encouraging is happening, the figure that it can only mean one thing. Something discouraging is soon about to occur! Optimists see the world a little differently. They’re willing to concede that ups and downs do take place… but if each time you take two steps up a ladder and then have to take one step down, what does it matter? You have still made a pleasing gain. “

I love that, it explains my continual approach to weight loss, over the last 3 or 4 weeks, I lost 2.5lb, I gained 3lb, I lost 3lb, which means I’m still ahead on the chart ;D I’m still 5lb lighter than I was in January and that’s the main thing, as long as I’m not continually gaining and it’s coming off eventually – what’s the rush.

So which are you, are you the optimist that believes you will get back on track tomorrow, or the pessimist who reacts by thinking you’ll never succeed because you can’t stick to it after you pop the Pringles on Friday night?

I try to go with the flow, if it rains I play in the puddles, if it’s sunny I pop on my shades, but whatever the weather does, I’m gonna still enjoy my day.

Of course this doesn’t mean I don’t have bad days or moods, but when I do experience them, I say to myself, “I’m just having a bad day, I got out of the bed the wrong side, I’ll be ok tomorrow”. Just by identifying the fact you’re having a bad day or you’re in a mood, I find it instantly helps because I don’t feel like it’ll never end.

I’m fancying gammon at the moment and I found this idea in the magazines yesterday; remove the rind from 170g gammon steak (6pp) grill for 3 minutes each side and serve with a salsa of finely diced fresh pineapple, red chillies, red pepper, coriander and lime juice – sounds lush.

Well I worked till 2pm yesterday so today I’m definitely going to sort my office, that’s what I’m off to do now, at least I’m not going to be looking at the sunshine wishing I was outside ;D

Enjoy your day xx

No comments: