Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 June 2011

Girls & giggles

June 2011

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.  

Had a lovely day with the girls yesterday and practiced damage limitation as best as was possible, I also ended up having an afternoon snooze which stopped me eating/drinking for 2 hours.  The sea bass was absolutely delicious cooked on the BBQ served with jersey mids which again were so tasty they didn't need any butter.  

We sat in the garden for hours laughing and catching up and that's what getting together is all about not what your gonna eat for lunch. 

I'm now sat in Chantel's kitchen drinking a mug of hot water enjoying the silence whilst waiting for everyone to wake up, think it will be a while.  I did miss my morning walk with Alfie but it was nice not to be woke up at 4.44am although I naturally woke up at 5ish but I've just lay there for a change instead of getting up. 

I'm planning on having fruit for my breakfast to save the ProPoints for my carvery lunch but if I wasn't I think I'd be tempted to treat myself to the following recipe that I've just food on my phone notes, I might have it in the week for my lunch one day. 

Smoked salmon scramble on bagel
Serves 2, 6pp each

Low fat cooking spray (1pp)
3 eggs, beaten (5pp)
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 plain Weight Watcher bagel, split and toasted (4pp)
50g smoked salmon (2pp)
Few sprigs fresh dill, to garnish 
Lemon wedges, to serve 

Heat a small non stick pan and mist with low fat spray. Add the beaten egg and a pinch of cayenne as stir constantly with a wooden spoon over a low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the egg starts to form soft curds.  Divide between the toasted bagel halves and top with the smoked salmon and dill. Season and serve sprinkled with a little pepper, with a lemon wedge to squeeze over.

That sounds scrumptious but today I'm happy with cherries, apple and a pear as I'd like a weight loss tomorrow night.  

I noticed Asda now have the Weight Watchers ProPointed wines in stock and one of them, I think it was the White worked out lower in ProPoints than ordinary wine. Now we can't actually ProPoint alcohol ourselves as the carb content is different, that's why Weight Watchers have done it for us but I've just read in a magazine that an 8% alcohol 250ml glass of wine has 2 units of alcohol and 123cals whereas an 11% glass has 2.8 units and 160cals and a 15% glass has a staggering 3.8 units and 201 calories!  So it's always a good thing to decide initially "why" your drinking - if it's just to be sociable then maybe go for a lower alcohol version, there's the WeightWatcher ones or Tesco do a light range too or of course there's always lambrini ;D or why not use lemonade or soda and turn it into a spritzer that way your keeping your body hydrated too, particularly useful on a hot summer day like we had yesterday, I have a very red nose this morning (from the sun not the booze!).

I do however plan to indulge in a fine glass of red today with my carvery as I was on the dizzy prosecco yesterday which goes straight to my head makes me giggle then knocks me out - I'd quite like to stay awake today as I don't get to see Chantel that often and we will soon be back home in Wolverhampton.

Lots of veggies on my carvery plate and no pudding I thinks, and just off to have another mug of water to cleanse my system. Hope you are enjoying your day as much as we girls are. 

Xx

No comments: