Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 16 June 2011

It's Impootant ;D

16th June 2011

Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help. Thomas Fuller

This heat is killing my sleep patterns, I usually sleep like a brick but I’m waking up a lot at the moment, Alfie doesn’t help either but I’m pleased to say it isn’t stopping me staying on track!  Yesterday was a very, very busy day and I even missed lunch, just had a packed of the new Weight Watcher fruit pastilles, a bit of chicken and a handful of Morrisons vegetable crackers which are 10 for 2pp very nice indeed, and I have to say I didn’t think about food all afternoon.  I think the fruit I’d had at breakfast might have helped keep me satisfied longer too.  I’m getting heartburn though this last week or two and the only thing I can put it down to is fruit ;( which isn’t a good thing, it may not be that, so I shall see what happens.

Being busy has its benefits, I earned 9pp on my pedometer yesterday which means I now have 23 saved for the Good Food Show tomorrow – yay, and I’m working Saturday morning covering a meeting, therefore no time to get bored and eat.  Someone said to me yesterday when I mentioned I was so busy that I seemed the type that had to keep busy, little did they know that I am naturally a lazy person, there’s nothing I like better than sitting on my backside doing nothing at all, unfortunately that doesn’t pay the bills does it, luckily I have the best job in the world so I don’t mind going to work each day.

Water, water, water - please drink more now the weathers warmed up! Please drink more – thought I’d say that twice just in case you didn’t realise how important it is.  I’m sat here with a huge glass in front of me and I plan to ensure I drink plenty more today; my track book even has 8 boxes to tick to ensure that I drink enough.  Why drink more?  Because your body is made up mostly of water and this weather is dehydrating you quicker than normal.  So many people have told me they’re constipated this week – heck I feel like the ‘poo person’!  DID YOU KNOW, I was told this yesterday that our bowel absorbs over a liter of water everyday, and if we’re not drinking it then it’s going to struggle!  I know it’s not the most enjoyable topic, but it is soo impootant (get it lol)

What can help prevent constipation?
·         A well-balanced diet high in fibre, including bran, fruits and vegetables, is often helpful.
·         Cutting down on white bread, cakes and sugar.
·         Drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. Hot beverages, such as coffee, tea or hot water, may stimulate bowel movements.
·         Prunes and plum juice can also be beneficial.
·         Regular exercise improves digestion and reduces stress.
·         A regular bowel habit. The best time is usually the first hour after breakfast. Don't hurry and sit for at least 10 minutes, regardless of whether you manage to pass a stool. Don't strain.

Today focus on drinking more water, the more water you drink, the less of a chore it becomes? In fact your body starts to crave it as it learns to recognise when you are dehydrated.  If you want to know how much is the correct amount or why you should drink it – google it.  I would just say water is an essential nutrient and required for many bodily functions and drink as much as you can until your wee is clear when you go to the toilet, that’s the easiest way to tell if your hydrated, if it isn’t clear you’re not drinking enough fluids. 

Water is best, but other fluids will help such as sugar free squash, tea and coffee but personally I notice a difference when it’s water, my complexion looks better and funnily enough I’m not so tired, maybe that’s why I’m so shattered this week because I haven’t been drinking the fluids.

Anyways I’m off to enjoy this beautiful morning for an hour with my Alfie as he doesn’t like it when it warms up either.

Enjoy your day xx

No comments: