Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 June 2011

Belle Vere...

10th July 2011

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Man was I hungry yesterday and it wasn’t for bad stuff because I opted for real food, I’ve come to the conclusion I’m hungrier on a Thursday because it’s nearing the end of my busy work week and my body genuinely needs more food, so yesterday I let it have more which meant I ate 45 ProPoints, now all of them except 8 were because I was truly hungry, 3pp were wasted on a stem ginger cookie, although maybe not wasted because it was mighty fine in taste ;D and 5pp was on a Warburton Thin with pastrami just before I went to bed which I could have done without and only ate because I fancied it.   Looking in my track journal now I did have all my five a day but maybe could have had more and maybe too many of those Warburtons thins, they’re obviously very tasty but not sure if they were substantial enough to fill me up!  I’m still on track, I have 14 of my weekly allowance left, and I’ve got 33 activity propoints earned so I should be ok this weekend.

Unlike my Warburtons breakfast, I wasn’t born to be ‘thin’, I’m happy to be healthy and shapely (or chunky as some would say ;D) and I’m hearing more and woman agreeing with me which just makes me so happy because I feel this obsession with super thin isn’t a good one.  I was thrilled this morning when I found this photo of the cover of this months Italian copy of Vogue, now if the text that went with it hadn’t pointed it out, I wouldn’t have even realised they were plus size women, I was just looking at it thinking how fabulous they all looked.  But isn’t it just brilliant to see real woman adorning the cover of such a prestige magazine, it’s Vogue Italia’s first plus-size cover, photographed by Steven Meisel. The accompanying caption”Belle Vere”, means “Real Beauty”. The models are pretty, sexy and eating real food (pasta) in a restaurant, ok they’re in their underwear but we can cope with that. The setting, styling and the black and white cover has a retro feel and reminds readers of the truly desirable women in the fifties and sixties, who I hope you agree look a hell of a lot healthier than some of the models we see today. I think it is a beautiful cover that exudes sensuality and hope if there are more magazines and covers about to follow in the UK, inspiring woman to be healthy not skinny!  I have so many members who look gorgeous without being really thin, curves rock!
I’m so pleased I haven’t got to rush this morning, I have lots to do but I can do it at my own pace as I haven’t got to be anywhere at a specific time until this evening, I do enjoy my work and don’t mind rushing about but it is nice to slow down at times too, balance is what it’s all about.
Me and Alfie have just had a fabulous walk, really enjoyed it over the park this morning, had a giggle with my fellow walkers, they tend to laugh at my inability to control my dog but that’s ok with me ;D
I’ve actually had a really enjoyable week, I’m not sure if that’s because I’ve been on track or that I’ve been on track because I’ve had such an enjoyable week full of laughter, maybe the two just go hand in hand.  I really do have the best job in the world; it’s perfect for me anyway.  I’ve done a lot of smiling this week, one caused by a member yesterday who text me to say she’d bought two track journals and one had writing in it and would it be okay to swap.  I of course said yes that’s fine and she went on to tell me it made interesting reading and must be mine because of the walking and the wine – oops ;D

Mom’s screaming at the newspapers right now because it’s got a coupon for Tesco but only if you have the internet, which she doesn’t but I do, but that’s not the point and she’s going to write to them - **???~~@@####!!!! O dear ;D she’s not happy, so funny, I can get it for her but she doesn’t want me to, she’d much rather have a good whinge. 
On that note, I’m off to do my paperwork, enjoy your day, YAY it’s Friday!
xx


1 comment:

Bev said...

Well I’m happy to say my blog’s getting so popular, yesterday I had to pay for the daily emails to be sent because the distribution is now too high for the free version! So if you do enjoy receiving these emails, please consider donating 50p or a £1 to help me cover the costs in the coming months as this is something I do as an exra to help you all, to donate click https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=HQD84DR8MTK38