Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 June 2011

Here comes the sunshine & salads

27th June 2011

The control centre of your life is attitude. Anonymous

Just got back from walking Alfie, it’s still very warm, can’t believe it went from the rain Saturday to that heat yesterday, although being Britain I shouldn’t really be surprised by the weather.

I’ve not tracked all weekend and I’m hoping for a stayed the same on the scales, I didn’t eat a great deal yesterday, I had a very lazy day, had a sandwich for lunch and an afternoon snooze, the weather wasn’t agreeing with my at all.  Today I’ve already got my bottles of water lined up and my meals planned, back on track, going to have a good week, saving my weekly allowance as of out for lunch on Friday.  Have a cheap week too as it’s my last week as a self-employed person, I start being an employee from Sunday which means I have to last until the end August with no wages!  This is going to be interesting, so I’m feeling beans on toast will be high on the menu, but don’t panic I’ve got my supply of wine tucked under the stairs.

I am putting together some recipes that don’t cost much to make, so if you have any suggestions please email them over, info@happyowls.co.uk and I’ll put together another Bev’s Bites, our charity at the moment is The Teenage Cancer Trust, we’ve raised £60 so far.

According to the facebook page, some of you did manage to stay on track which is brilliant, Lindsay opted for a trip over Cannock Chase instead of a BBQ, and Tammy had earnt 33pp since Wednesday – go girls!

If you have a monthly pass, did you know you can reset where you are, so if you’re on week 8 and you want to start from scratch you can go back and start at week 1, it then sends emails relating to that week, as if you’re starting afresh.  If you haven’t already invested in a monthly pass, please give it a go, buy one in your meeting this week for £12.95, that’ll give you a month to decide if it’s the better option for you.  Not only does it save you money but it also gives you so much more support outside of your weekly meeting, you can track online, build recipes, there’s a ProPoints calculator too.  I use mine daily to find out the ProPoints in anything, I even have an app on my phone so I can track when I’m out and about. 

So if you don’t have a monthly pass, make this the week to try it.

It certainly is salad weather today, and that’s a great way to save ProPoints, some cooked meat, loads of salad, there are also plenty of low fat dressings out there, I’m partial to balsamic vinegar too.  Don’t be fooled all salads are low in ProPoints though, this delicious recipe off the Weight Watchers esource proves that’s not the case;

Salmon and Butterbean Salad

ProPoints® Value: 13
Servings:
1
Preparation Time:
10 min
Cooking Time:
15 min
Level of Difficulty:
Easy
If you or the man in your life thinks salads are for softies, think again. This scrumptious salad ticks all the boxes when it comes to satisfaction.


Ingredients

100 g Fish, Salmon, Grilled, flaked
50 g Beans, Butter, Cooked or Canned
100 g Sweet Potato, boiled or baked, cubed
20 g Walnut Halves, chopped (as purchased)
50 g Broccoli, Green, Boiled in Unsalted Water, cooked and cooled
1 bag(s) Florette Mixed Salad
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice

Instructions

    Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with the lemon juice and season to taste.
Everything that’s green isn’t low in ProPoints, remember that ;D


Enjoy the sunshine xx

No comments: