Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Get stuffed!!!

21st June 2011

 A habit is something you can do without thinking - which is why most of us have so many of them.

Decided instead of going to my meeting last night because both my friends were on holiday and my meeting ran over, plus I had to give my tea lady a lift home, I got weighed by my clerk and I took Alfie for a walk instead, more exercise, so extra bonus ProPoints earned, a whooping total for the day of 10.

So I didn’t lose but as I said yesterday, I’m in no rush, I love me already and I can wait a while for the weight loss, there’s no rush, I’m not going anywhere.   After my comment yesterday about being a ‘lifer’ one of my members rejoined last night and made me smile when she said “if you’re a lifer, I must be a serial offender”, she rejoins every summer, so this year, I’m getting her to goal and she’s going to stay there!

Mmm stuffed peppers were on the menu yesterday and they were scrumptious and if I’m honest the tastiest thing I’d eaten since Friday besides cheese on toast!  Why oh why don’t I cook everyday because I really enjoy the food so much more than instant junk.

So here’s how I made my 3pp each stuffed peppers;

6 peppers (red or orange) (cut top off, scoop middle out and roast in oven until cooked)

80g smoked dry cured streaky bacon lardons (had mine from Morrisons)
Chorizo (weighed 2pp worth)
1 courgette – diced
1 carrot – diced
200g mushrooms – chopped
1 yellow pepper – diced
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Glug of Worcestershire sauce
3 glugs of Mushroom ketchup (bought mine from Waitrose)
6pp total of cheese
1 garlic clove chopped
Garlic salt

Fry all ingredients together until cooked, spoon into cooked peppers, sprinkle with cheese and grill. Delicious, had two and was very filling.

 I didn’t have the best start to the week with my daily ProPoints intake yesterday and I was going to wipe the slate clean this morning and start again, instead I’ve sat down and worked out the total was 53, five and a half biscuits cost me 10pp, what a waste! 

 Why did I do it?  That’s the million dollar question isn’t it for any of us when we overeat isn’t it, I could say I just ‘couldn’t help myself’ OR ‘I just fancied the biscuits’ OR ‘they were just there so I ate them’ OR ‘I’m hormonal’ OR ‘I was hungry’, on this occasion I couldn’t blame it on the weather or the fact I’d had a bad day or anything negative as I was in a good mood.  So I’ll say it could’ve been more than one of those options, I am hormonal, there were just there so I ate them, but the real reason was ‘I CHOOSE TO OVEREAT’, that doesn’t make me or you or anyone a bad person for doing it, it’s just a decision we make sometimes, did I enjoy them?  At the time yes, are they work gaining weight for – NO, not for me personally anyway, so this week I now only have 25 weekly ProPoints left, I’m going to do my best to not use any of my activity ProPoints too because I would like a loss next week when the girls get back from their holidays.


Here’s to a ‘within allowance’ day, hopefully you’re with me. xx


No comments: