Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 23 May 2021

Relaxing Sunday ahead

Sunday 23rd May 2021
When you focus on the good the good gets better.
Oh yesterday morning was just fab, what a great week it's been, finally our plans coming together, standing at a set of scales chatting to folk, listening to the rest have a natter over a cuppa, yep it's great and I'm loving that they are all doing a plan that works for them.  If you go in any book shop and head over to the diet book section, you'll see hundreds of different books on how to lose weight and every one of them worked for the author, so now it's time for us all to write our own!  We are all grown ups, we know what's good for us, we know what we should cut down on so let's take control of our own health and happiness, we're way more likely to stick to something that fits into our lifestyle and that we enjoy.  Please spread the word about our Happy Owls Huddles. 

Now I haven't been tracking but I will get back to it because I know it helps, it makes me more aware of what I'm consuming and gives me food for thought (pardon the pun).  I'm not going to make excuses as to why I haven't been tracking, ignorance is bliss let's just say.  It would be easy to say I'll start tomorrow cos it's Monday but no I'll start today, it'll make me more aware and that's what I need.

My new neighbours were busy next door yesterday, a bloke walked in the house just before 8am with the biggest drill ever and started to work, I was so relieved I hadn't got mom to contend with.  I got back around 11 and there was a skip on their drive and it was almost full fair play to them!  Because of the noise and knowing what they were doing, it motivated me to tackle the rest of my house and do a bit of housework, I'm proud to say you can see the floor in every room in my house now!  All my 'stuff' is now in a cupboard or box somewhere waiting for the cupboards in the back room to be built.

Oh and my brother nipped over whilst I was out to plane a bit off my door where the carpet had been put down, unfortunately he obviously didn't realise that was a brand new extra large very expensive yoga mat on the floor as he had obviously used it to balance said door on and now it has two holes in and gloss paint on it ;( no point in saying owt to him as he'll come back with some funny comment.  I will just go with it wasn't intentional and he did me the favour of sorting my door.  

It's actually not raining this morning that's a novelty, not sure of the forecast but I have washing to do so I'll risk it, I can dry it indoors if needed.  That's all the 'work' I'm doing today, I've had me a book come from Amazon 'Coffee Self-Talk' by Kristen Helmstetter, I'm going to start that, oh I do have an hour zoom at 9 with the Owls, but that's not work-work, it's enjoyable.  I think I'm going to get my crochet back out, not touched it since before mom passed, so time to start something I'll enjoy, I've just spotted some lovely brown soft yarn in my shed, I'll make a cuddle blanket with it I think as now I don't have to have the heating on constantly, I like a lap blanket to warm me up.   Find some good tv to watch, take Alfie out once or twice and that sounds like the perfect day.

I had my lamb chops yesterday, I can take them off my shopping list for the foreseeable future, I've eaten other foods that have tasted better and been healthier for me lately, I'm trying to really notice the taste and flavour of food, I think with lots of things we go on autopilot and think we like it.  Frozen oven chips is one of those foods for me, some are really tasteless, I can't remember what the ones in the freezer are, but they are bland and I won't buy them again, hold on I'll go look.  Champion, season coated homestyle chips!  Not for me, but I can't remember the ones I had that I did like lol, at least with McCains microchips you know what you're getting, soggy chips to make a butty with!  When I googled them, they're from Aldi and then there was this, but it's all relative and down to personal taste isn't it. 
 


Let me know which you like best?  I've got others in the freezer to try still I think because they came as part of the Co-op £5 freezer deals. 

Right I'm off to do my yoga before next door rock up and start their hammering and banging, here's to a chillaxing day for me and hope you get to do something you enjoy too.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 




No comments: