Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 9 May 2021

Let the declutter commence...

Sunday 9th May 2021
Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.


Well let's just say I've been away a long time!  Yesterday didn't go as planned which is okay, these things happen, so my plasterer had his second covid jab the day before and it knocked him about so he didn't come.  I'd already disconnected the tv/sky box put furniture in middle of the room and because he's hopefully gonna come today instead, I didn't want to put everything back.  Then my sister suggested a duvet day which didn't sound like a bad idea, I didn't quite have one of them but after working on the morning which was fab as always and then I was on the phone to my brother for almost 2 hours discussing plans and flights, so once I'd done that, I turned my phone off, watched a movie on my laptop and Alfie and I were in bed by 6ish, well I must have fell asleep pretty quick because I woke up just before midnight and I've not been able to get back to sleep since.  

A positive that's come from laying here for hours is I've made the radical decision, I'm doing an extreme declutter on my office, all the stuff I've been keeping because I might one day use it is going, I haven't scrapbooked in years and I've realised I'm unlikely to ever again and the scrapbooking I have done in the past is just shoved on a shelf and never looked at so why do it or keep it.  It served the purpose at the time, I enjoyed doing it but crafting ain't my thing anymore.  I love to crochet and that's enough to occupy my brain and hands and now my shoulder seems fixed, I'll be able to get back to doing that again.   I'm hoping by the end of the day to have got rid of a load of stuff!

I've also come to the conclusion that the larger of the two spare rooms can stay as a guest room with the double bed in and what is at the moment my office can be where I do my yoga, it'll be more than big enough I reckon once it's decluttered, the book cases won't be in the way, I think I can make it work and if not I'll continue to do it in the living room.  Now I can use furniture I already have in the spare room and I won't have to buy any new stuff.  See lack of sleep has just saved me money = bonus and I can have a snooze in the day if I need one or an early night again tonight, but not 6pm early!

I've been playing on Pinterest for the last hour trying to work out how to arrange my living room so as to fit everything it, I think I need a trip to IKEA, I want some of these to make the units I already have look fresh in the living room.  Cheaper than having alcove cupboards built ain't it! 


I also want a nice big rug too I think.

But first to declutter, it's half four now, I'm going to try one more time to get an hour or two sleep but if not, I'll get up and start my mission! 

Wish me luck, have a great day x

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x






No comments: