Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Midway through the week already

Wednesday 5th May 2021
Don't let anyone dull your sparkle.

Well I had a great day yesterday and I woke up feeling great and ready for my day, day 3 of yoga and can already feel it working on both my body and mind, my shoulder pain is easing - yay and Alfie is loving my yoga mat!  I'll get me a nice big one when the back rooms done and he can have his own so I don't have to yoga round him :)

I got on the scales this morning and I've lost weight too, I got naked and I'm under the stone woo hoo, so that's 7 1/2lb gone since March 30th when I braved them for the first time after mom died.  I'm really pleased with that progress because I'm not being a hardcore dieter, I'm working on healthier, keeping my eye on the calories, this week I've also started looking at ingredients of things I buy I made my own hummus (ish) spread yesterday and I was going to buy an avocado but the last one I had went in the bin so I thought I'll have gaucamole, one of the pots had double cream in - WHY!   It's just not necessary at all, can you imagine being a veggie or vegan in a rush and thinking oh I'll pick a pot of guacamole up and have with something for lunch to find out it had cream in, you'd be proper annoyed. 

Back to the hummus (ish) spread on toast (300 cals), really nice, whizzed up drained canned chick peas with some low fat mayo and dijon mustard, will definitely have that again, really tasty and filling.  

Then for lunch I had this chicken biryani (548 calories) that Elle had picked up from Morrisons for me, that was tasty and convenient too, I reckon if I used Penn Road Butchers chicken thighs I have in the freezer, add some sultanas and rice and it would be a close match too, we both thought they were sultanas, I've just looked at the ingredients, they're cranberries! 

Now my tea was a random mix, I'd defrosted some leftover bubble and squeak from the freezer (300 cals), I had it with a can of WW spaghetti (100 cals) and a fried egg (80 cals) and those minted lamb grillsteaks were from the freezer (152 cals each) Alfie saw them off, can't say I was overly impressed, it was when I was going through my 'buy frozen processed crap' phase, I'm over that now, apart from Findus french bread pizza, I still love them even if I can't get them!  Maybe I'll buy a french bread stick and make my own at some point. 

My shoppings coming this morning, I'd ordered a couple of new veggie burgers that were on offer but they're out of stock so they're sending subs which I don't want - gutted I fancied them too, never mind we'll try again next week and click no subs.  

The suns shining at the minute and it's not forecast rain till this afternoon thankfully, I've got to take my car in this morning so if he's got to keep it, I might be walking home!  I don't need the car till Saturday so it's all good, I'm loving this new life, finding my way a day at a time.  

I can't wait for the sit down Huddles to start, two weeks now, soon be here, exciting times, let's hope we have an amazing summer and we can all make up for the past year by having wonderful times. 

Right I'm off, hungry this morning, have a very good day x

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: