Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 26 May 2021

Fab to be back!

Wednesday 26th May 2021
Good things take time. 


Check me out, had a lie in ain't I, 6.45am to be precise, then I made a cuppa and the milk was sour, first time this year that's happened to me, I laughed as I poured it down the sink and refilled the kettle as there wasn't enough water for another.  I'm now sat enjoying said cup of tea though and feeling good about the day ahead and remembering how brilliant yesterday was, seeing all our wonderful Happy Owls, having a giggle, a natter and seeing them lose over 5 stone on the scales which of course is always the icing on the cake.  Like I said yesterday, it's been a difficult year so weight loss isn't going to just come easily, plus finally being allowed to play out again means we're going to want to talk advantage of enjoying a meal out or a trip to the pub. 

Now foodwise, I enjoyed eggs and tomatoes on toast for breakfast, then for my lunch I had a hot dog, the roll was 121 calories, hot dog sausages 28 each (I buy the cheap Kingsfood ones as Alfie eats them), bloomin delicious it was, ketchup 20 cals and 1/2 an onion 25ish.  Was a tasty lunch, I always cook the onions in the juice from the hotdogs, mmm nom nom. 

 

Now my dinner I only cooked because the ingredients needed using before they walked out the fridge, I'd been putting off eating the gnocchi and courgette for days, turned out it was only delicious! I baked half the packet the gnocchi (355 cals) in a can of condensed mushroom soup (270 cals) and sprinkled a little parmesan (40 cals) on the top, seriously good and really filling, I actually didn't put all of it on the plate. So quite high in calories but half of the end result would have been plenty with veggies, those are courgettes and mushroom roasted, I could've put the mushrooms in with the gnocchi and sauce to bulk it out. Would definitely cook this again. With the other half packet, I've got todays dinner ready, I roasted it with a jar of Loyd Grossman Pasta Sauce, Tomato & Basil (220 cals) which had been on offer for £1, not sure it would be worth £1.80 but it is tasty, a little high in calories for a small jar of tomato sauce though.  


I just saw this image on Pinterest and it's so very true, I always say, 'life isn't fair, but it isn't fair for anyone, so!'  Food for thought, especially if you're struggling like I was.


I spent an hour on the phone with my brother last night, we haven't seen each other now for well over two years, he wasn't able to get across to see mom before she passed away, he missed his big brothers 60th, my 50th, covid has a lot to answer for.  He's stuck on a small island away from his own home working to earn some money because like so many of us, things have been hard, they've not been able to work and it's way stricter on Corfu, the police issue fines instantly if you were caught out and about!  I do hope he gets to fly back next month, the flights cost enough on it's own without all the tests that he'll have to have done, they're a ridiculous price too.  He looked tired and emotional, all that time on your own gives you time to overthink everything and that was obviously what he'd been doing, I can't wait to give him a big hug.  Don't get me wrong by day 3 we'll be getting on each other tits again but that's what being a sibling is all about isn't it.  

Well what shall I do today, it's actually forecast a dry day WOO HOO!  I've got some work to get done on the laptop, then I will enjoy my gnocchi later and maybe fit in a bit of crochet, reading and a little yoga. 

Enjoy your day, remember no matter how you really feel, say "today's gonna be a great day" even if you aren't feeling it - fake it till you make it!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: