Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 27 May 2021

Another good day ahead

Thursday 27th May 2021
Always remember you are amazing!

Ooo I do love a good nights sleep and I've just managed eight hours of it, vivid dreams for the last hour but I can live with that.  Dreams are weird ain't they, sometimes so vivid that you can't recall if that memory was a dream or it actually happened, don't worry I'm not going to stay telling you what it was about, there's nothing worse than someone telling you a long, boring tale, especially one that didn't actually happen because it was a dream!

I enjoyed my day again yesterday, it's still a novelty enjoying my days after the last few years where I was lovely to be able to enjoy the odd hour here and there, now I'm enjoying the whole 24 hours, I take pleasure in everything I do, sometimes because I've not been able to do it for so long and it's the simple things, the silly things we take for granted such as just going in the kitchen to put the kettle on and deciding to do the washing up whilst I'm there.  That sounds ridiculous doesn't it, but just imagine not being able to do that, to leave the room when you wanted to just do whatever your mood took you.  I love that my concentration is coming back so that I can sit and crochet or watch something on tv that needs you to give it your complete attention, yesterday I sat and worked on our next journal for our groups, the first one has gone down so well, I wanted to do another with even more interaction so it's more than a food tracker.  

Finally food isn't the most important thing in my world again, it has been a huge part for a good while because it was something to look forward too in a time in my life when things weren't so great.  Yesterday I enjoyed garlic mushrooms and egg on toast for breakfast, then I didn't have another big meal I picked at stuff when I was peckish, I had the last bit of the gnocchi from the day before, not the tomato one (I'll have that today), I had a hot dog roll with ham on it and I ate the few mouthfuls of apple, nut and celery salad from the tub in the fridge.  

Today, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Bloxwich, I ordered banners for our venues yesterday too, hopefully the investment will pay off in members, none of it's cheap that's for sure.   There all a variation on this; 

Why is everything black and white?  Because we wanted to keep things simple, also b&w is cheaper to print when we had the journals done originally but that wasn't the main reason, although the cheaper we can keep costs, the cheaper we can charge.  We also wanted people to colour themselves happy.  We wanted to move away from the corporate 'professional' approach because we believed that was what spoilt everything we'd enjoyed about our previous jobs, a successful meeting isn't about matching tablecloths and using a particular language, oh what did they call it, oh I can't even bloody remember because it was so ridiculous that we couldn't say meetings or groups anymore we had to call them workshops and they were studios not rooms or halls.  Well our members can use whatever words to describe their groups / huddles / meetings that they want, we just want them to be happy and feel comfortable, oh and not forgetting the raffle and the cuppa.  Yeah we love having those because all the profit from them goes back into the community through charity fundraising.  

I went off on one there didn't I!  Well a job I loved for 16 years was spoilt for me, taken away from me, yes there's more to it than that, but this isn't the place, so I'll keep it all to myself, those who left at the same time know why we all opted to take redundancy.  

Let's look forward not backwards, I was catching up with my mate Evey last night who's set up in Lichfield and Hednesford, her members are loving it too, so if you can't get to us, she's your lady over that area. 

Here's to an excellent day, I'll leave you with a little bit of cuteness from Alfie, I treated him to a new toy yesterday and after squeaking it for a few minutes, this was how they ended up.  Sums our day up yesterday nicely this does; 

 

 

How bloody cute is he!  Here's to a very good day, see some of you later it's looking like a dry one again - yay! 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


 

No comments: