Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Have a word with yourself (A positive one!)

Tuesday 25th May 2021 
Start the day with a smile (even if it's a fake one)


Another sit down huddle day for me today and I'm looking forward to it, the thing with weight loss is when you've had a bad week, you really need that meeting, when you've had a good week that meeting needs you.  I think so many of us have got it into our heads that the minute the sit down groups opened, we'd all become perfect losers and on it like a car bonnet!  Well that's like expecting January 1st to be the answer to all our prayers - it doesn't work like that does it.  Let's just think about the situation, Jan 1 usually brings with it a feeling of over-indulgence and a willingness to stop bloody eating for ten minutes because you've eaten enough food in a week to sustain a family of four for a month!  Now we're coming out of 14 months of a pandemic, lockdowns, not seeing our friends, not being able to go out, being scared that we might get really ill or die, some having lost love ones, lost jobs, what else has been a big pile of poo about the last year!  Anxiety is at an all time high for so many, then there's the fact we've gained loads of bloody weight, which was really easy wasn't it.  We only had to eat 100 calories extra a day to gain a pound a month, so over that time most have easily gained a stone, some more, some smug buggers less ;) now all of a sudden we expect to lose the same stone in a month!  Not gonna happen is it, we've got to create a calorie deficit (eat less than we use) to get a weight loss but it needs to be a realistic one because otherwise our body clocks onto what we're up to and starts to let our brain in on the situation and together they do everything in their power to say "OH YOU, we're hungry, we think you should eat some crap!" and before you know it, you're shoulders deep in the biscuit barrel and feeling like a complete failure.  YOU'RE NOT, you are human and we are bloody brilliant because we have worked out how to survive without us even being aware that we're doing it, the subconscious is very clever.  

However your week has gone, give yourself a break but learn from it, ask yourself what worked for you and what didn't.  What can you take from the last 7 days that you could use again, what did you do that you didn't get anything from so won't do again.  What can you say to yourself that will encourage you to continue, because one of the most powerful things you can do is give yourself some positive self-talk, not a good talking too, that in my opinion has a detrimental effect.  We don't take care of anything we don't love or even like!  Whilst you're here reading my blog, read these statements aloud; 

I believe in me!
I'm going to have a great day. 
Losing weight is natural for me.
I am achieving my weight loss goals.
I’m losing weight every single day.
I love moving my body daily.
I’m eating healthy foods only when I feel hungry.
I adore the taste of healthy food.
I control how much I eat.
I enjoy exercising, it give me energy.
I’m becoming healthier and happier every day. 
I can easily reach and maintain my ideal weight.
I love and care for my body.
I deserve to have a healthy body.
I’m constantly developing healthier eating habits.

If you didn't do it, go back and do it, self-talk works and speaking it out aloud makes it work better.  You could write a few of your own onto post-it notes and stick them to your bathroom mirror so you read them every day whilst you're doing your morning rituals.  If you don't want to say them loud, whisper them.  

Trust me, it's all scientifically proven, neuroscience is very clever but boring at this time of the morning unless you're a scientist :) so we won't go deep, just know you can fake it till you make it, it's like not being able to say bubbles with a serious face, some things just work and it's easier to believe it than to read a ton of books. 

If you think you're not doing great, grab your phone notes app or a bit of paper and start writing down all the positive things you have do and do from now on that affects your health/happiness in a good way, so having a glass of water when you get out of bed before the cuppa tea (or after), weighing your portion of oven chips like I did, instead of just throwing some on the tray, turns out 125g was enough, especially with everything else that was on the plate!  

 
I did share the gammon with Alfie - I didn't have a lot of choice!  Roughly 600 calories on that plate
Finally got my sushi, it's out my system now, so I took the two meals deals off my supermarket delivery today, I remembered to save my changes this week, which means a much healthier shop on it's way.  That's another positive for my looking after me list.  What things can go on your list?  It's so much better to note all the good things than the slip ups, then work at making that list longer every day.  

Look at my wonderful gift from my cousin, came in the post yesterday, I hadn't seen the card in the box at first but I became really emotional when I unwrapped him, he was wrapped in a Tibetan prayer flag and so many memories came flooding back of mom and me in Nepal, the first time I visited that country it changed me as a person and I'll forever be thankful.  My Buddha is now in pride of place in my chill out room bringing calmness to it.


Speaking of chilling out, if you fancy a bit of meditation, this app is great, I've had it on my phone since last October, not used it as much as I could've but it's helped me fall asleep a few times, they're offering a free year!  Balance - Personalized meditation (balanceapp.com)  I'm in the middle of my free year. 

Well I better go have a shower and get ready for my busy day, I've got the two huddles but I also have a lot of computer work to do in-between, not forgetting walking Alfie, we got a little soaked yesterday but we still enjoyed both walks.  

Here's to the best day - you in?

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx



No comments: