Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 14 May 2021

I do love a Friday

Friday 14th May 2021
No Rain, No Flowers 

Morning, I'm ready for my day again, round two of painting, I took my time with round 1, not gonna lie didn't think it was working, a mist coat on fresh plaster is a first for me and it's been that long since I painted I thought it looked wrong, but it looks okay this morning, gonna do a second coat this morning and then a top coat tomorrow probably, that way my body ain't a complete mess.  I have to say just a little bit of yoga each morning is helping, it stretches the muscles doesn't it so even after painting the ceiling yesterday, my shoulders aren't so bad thankfully.

Food wise, it was a very boring day, I had a bit of eggy bread for breakfast, just wasn't in the mood for food (what!), lunch was the last pitta bread with a bit of salad and this; 


I wasn't impressed, actually I left it, jackfruit just isn't for me but this was so sweet, sugar was second on the ingredient list and you really could tell.  Not for me, but I could see how others would like it, the sugary sauce is masking the fact that the jackfruit isn't meat.

My sofa is being brought back downstairs today, well he messaged to say he'd do it today so fingers crossed, I've got to clear the path for them so they better come.  There's stuff everywhere, none of it in it's final destination.  On a positive though once the sofa's down, I can sort my bedroom, then once the back rooms painted, I can arrange for carpet to be fitted and first weekend in June, I'm having the cupboards fitted in there and we should have some kind of order in the house by then.  24 days to go! 

Time's not flying though, it'll be 8 weeks Monday since we lost mom and that seems such a long time ago already, it really does.  When I check out the memories on Facebook each morning and it takes me back to the good times, it seems even longer since we really lost her because the last 12 months or more, she wasn't 'mom', the wonderful woman who'd bought us all up with such love and humour, oh now that mom, I've missed for a very long time.  

WOW just heard on the radio, it's 40 years since we lost Bob Marley, that's ridiculous, where have those years gone.  We need to make sure we make the years matter because they do fly, it's funny I was on a zoom the other day and yeah it was a business call so it focused on making money and getting work etc, but I think all work and no play is a huge mistake.  Each to their own but I don't need to be rich, I just want to be able to pay my bills, I'd rather spend my time enjoying the simple things in life, spending time with my friends and family, walking my dog and relaxing.  I've done the working ridiculous hours, I really don't want to go back to that, work/life balance and remember the hours you enjoy wasting, are not wasted hours at all.

On that note, I'm gonna have me my 5 games of Pet Rescue Saga and/or Candy Crush, then I'll do my yoga, then either walk Alfie first or get the painting done then walk Alfie, depending on what he wants, he let's me know when he wants a walk, like yesterday when he came and sat in-between me and the paint pot! 

Have a great day, yay it's almost the weekend! 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


No comments: