Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 8 May 2021

It's raining again....

Saturday 8th May 2021
A negative mind will never give you a positive life. 


Had a lovely early night, actually I'm really pleased with the sleep I'm getting, especially when you compare it to what it was like for the first few months of the year.  


I'm moving more too which is great, over 11k steps yesterday and 66 active minutes which means Alfie is actually walking not just standing and smelling so good for both of us. 

My knee wasn't too happy about all this movement but that painkiller gel helped a lot and it's just a little tight and crunchy this morning so as I get more active and lose some weight that will help take the pressure off it.  This is not a race, I've spent the last few years losing my level of health I had, so I'm not going to get it back in a week or even a month.  

No yoga this morning because there's no room, all my furniture is in the centre of the living room covered with clothes ready for the plasterer to come do the living room - YAY!  All I need now is to take the curtains down which I'll do when I've done this and had my shower, don't wanna be flashing and terrifying the neighbours!  It's all coming together slowly, I reckon I'll be able to start painting upstairs in another 2 weeks so that's the weekend of the 22nd which will give me time to then hopefully get it carpeted up there before getting the shelving units fitted first weekend in June.  I'll then have a space to do my yoga every morning and a mat big enough so that Alfie isn't completely in the way, although I'll get him a bed for that room, but I'll guess he won't use it! 

The yoga seems to have helped my shoulder so I'm hoping if I keep it up then I'll be okay to paint and it won't cause me too much pain like the scrapping of the wallpaper did.  

I boxed up all my wool yesterday I think and it's now stored in the concrete shed off my alley, I think it's okay out there for now, there doesn't seem to be any damp and I've never had problems before.  I can get in the office now so it's time to start the declutter - eek,  Time to decide what to keep and put in those new cupboards I'm having made and what needs to go, I've decided the crochet magazines can go, so that's loads of space made, I'll message a couple of crochet friends I have to see if they want them, or just take them to the huddles with help yourself on them.  My printer can stay in that room I reckon as it's wireless so can be stored anywhere and there's a unit for it to sit on.  Sorry this is me processing my thoughts, so not the most interesting of reading.  Maybe it'll encourage you to do some spring cleaning, decluttering, especially as the forecast is rubbish for the weekend, rain and more rain. 

Honest it feels great when you have less, clothes wise it's less to wash, ornaments and photos it's less to dust, even the kitchen cupboards, it feels better knowing where everything is and what you've got.  Yeah the office is my focus this weekend. 

Right I'm off, need to shower and get those curtains down, unplug all the tv etc so he has a clean run of the walls, it didn't matter if he made a mess on the floors upstairs, it does down here and he's like the Beverley of plasterers, a right messy bugga!  Those walls do look amazing though, so good to know they can just be painted over.  I do hope Terry can get back to the UK next month and get that hearth removed and the floor sorted, oh and decking outside for when we finally get some sunshine! 

I want my house to become a place where people are welcome to come and chill out (only people I like of course ;) ) 

Mwah, luv ya


Love me 

No comments: