Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 16 May 2021

Painting - MEH!

Sunday 16th May 2021
"Be" Don't try to become.
Well I officially don't like painting and I've realised it's because I don't feel like I'm doing it properly when I'm doing it, I like to be good at things that I do, so the way it makes me feel is actually what I don't like not the painting.  Although the pain in my body from doing it ain't much fun either but that I can cope with if I get the result I want.  I've just got the gloss to finish now which I will do as soon as I've finished typing because they're coming at 11 tomorrow to fit carpet and it needs to be dry by then.   I'm about to blame my tools lol, the paint I had has been in the shed forever and it was crap paint, so when it comes to the living room, I'm buying nice new paint, but I'm still gonna leave it for my brother to do hopefully, we shall see, I don't mind upstairs looking 'ish' but I want the living room to look good don't I.  

Now let's talk colours, I've had the bedroom white, I love white, I'm also not adverse to magnolia but I fancy an off white for the living room, a light, neutral / wheat colour, but when you compare the colours, you'd be surprised at how many of them are not that far from magnolia, but at least twice the price! 

I cooked yesterday too, a pork shoulder joint in the slow cooker, following instructions from Julie's hubby and Elle, I put it in with a pint of water and 2 veggies cubes (Arf had said he used chicken but I didn't have any), I left it on low from 7.30 till I got back and then turned it to high about 11ish, then after 3 hours I removed the skin and put that in the oven with my roasters and made the gravy in the stock in the slow cooker to save on washing up :).  It was delicious, I didn't know I liked pork until last week, I think it's because I always think of bellydraft and I've never been a fan of that, I don't really like pork fat or cracking, Alfie enjoyed crunching on that though.  I must remember to put carrots on my shopping list next week, I'm not a fan of frozen carrots, I like frozen peas, green beans and broccoli, but not carrots I'm sorry, I just can't but then I will only eat carrots sliced round in stew otherwise they have to be sticks - me weird, hell yeah.

I'm in a really good place right now, my pain reminds me I'm alive, my yoga is doing me the world of good, clearing my stuff is cleansing my soul and decorating and changing things up is helping move me forward.  I have Elle to thank for giving me the push I needed at a time when pushing too little would have meant not a chance and pushing too hard would have possibly broke me, but no she has a knack (it's what makes her a great coach btw) and because of that we are about to start our sit down Happy Owls Huddles from Tuesday, so spread the word, we are so excited.

Bev & Elle’s

Happy Owl’s Huddles

 There are no miracles, no magic potions, lotions or pills! 

 Are you ready to lose weight & feel great?  

No hidden costs, no monthly subscriptions, no missed weeks to pay

£4 per week (cash only)

Tuesdays 9-10.30am (talk 9.45-10.15am)
& 5-6.30pm (talk 5.45-6.15pm)
RCCG church (opp Tesco garage)
Stubby Lane Wednesfield WV11 3NF

 Thursday 8.30-10.30am (talk 9.45-10.15am)
& 4.30-6.30pm (talk 5.45-6.15pm)
Bloxwich Memorial Club, 5 Harrison St WS3 3HP 

Saturdays 9-10.30am (talk 9.45-10.15am)
United Reform Church
Old Fallings Lane. Wolverhampton WV10 8BH



But before that, I have gloss to paint, a zoom this morning with Happy Owls, this will be a regular Sunday morning chat at 9 for those who either can't get to a huddle at all (£10 a month) or who dashed in for a check-in but couldn't stay for the talk.

I've just realised I make it sound like I was busy all day yesterday, I wasn't, once I stopped and ate my dinner, Alfie and I settled down together on the sofa and chilled the rest of the day, Alfie bless him slept like a log, I watched a wonderful film called The Broken Hearts Gallery, I have relaxing down to a fine art, I really do, my Fitbit says I also slept almost 8 hours and woke 3 times, I woke more than that because Alfie got me up to go out once, then I remember looking at my phone at 11, 1, 3, 4 and then getting up at 5ish.  

Here's to an hour on my knees painting, send me positive energy vibes to see me through it, at least I can have my music on loud as no ones moved in next door yet, otherwise it would be a little too early for the volume I'm going to need to get me through ;) 

Have a super Sunday whatever you've got planned, I've got leftover pork so can have another dinner, now Alfie does like frozen carrots so that's his dinner sorted too.  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: