Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 May 2021

Project upstairs continues

Wednesday 12th May 2021
Be the best you can be. 

Cracking day yesterday, busy, got to chat to lots of lovely people and I also managed to fit in a UW appointment and saved a new customer £130 a month, that's over a grand and half a year and that's before they use their cash back cards which will be even more because as well as their everyday spend, the husband is self employed and uses B&Q so there's 5% every time he buys work stuff!  Such a good feeling helping people, it's why Elle & I had to set up on our own, we need to do the Happy Owl huddles, it's in our DNA to help people be the best they can be and feel good about themselves along the way. 

Gail (our other Owl partner up in Blackpool) pointed out to me the other day that as well as Owl standing for Over Weight ladies/lads as I intended it to all those years ago, it could also stand for 'our weight loss success' or 'our wellness lifestyle'.  My priority has always been to help people realise they are already good enough and to realise they're BeYOUtiful and work on taking care of themselves from a place of love not hate.  It's truly important to remember what other people think of you is none of your business and put yourself at the top of your list because you need to be your own best friend.  

This week is mental health awareness week and this year theme is nature, I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can sit in the garden this summer, I also love my walks with Alfie, it really calms my soul.  I enjoy looking at the trees, plants and the wildlife whilst we're out, even walking around the estate there's plenty to see.  

I've got my small table in the living room set up so I can see out the window and watch the birds on the garden, I love to be able to hear them singing in the morning and for the last few weeks I have a solitary magpie (I'm not suspicious) visit daily on the front garden, it's probably the same one that lands on the back garden and pinches a bit of dog food from the dish out there - omg I'm feeding the magpie now! 

Fancy getting involved - During Mental Health Awareness Week, we are asking you to do three things: 

Experience nature: take time to recognise and grow your connection with nature during the week. Take a moment to notice and celebrate nature in your daily life. You might be surprised by what you notice!

Share nature: Take a photo, video or sound recording and share the connections you’ve made during the week, to inspire others. Join the discussion on how you’re connecting with nature by using the hashtags #ConnectWithNature #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

Talk about nature: use our tips, school packs, research and policy guides to discuss in your family, school, workplace and community how you can help encourage people to find new ways to connect with nature in your local environment.

For more information about this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week visit mentalhealth.org.uk/mhaw or join the conversation on social media using #ConnectWithNature and #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek 

Here's some tips Our top tips on connecting with nature to improve your mental health | Mental Health Foundation  I've already said I love the idea of doing my yoga in the garden on my decking once it's down, that would be amazing on a warm, sunny day.  

Today though, I'll be happy with a long walk with Alfie in whatever direction he takes me, then I plan to continue project upstairs, it's not a room anymore, it's the entire floor, every room is in chaos, until things are sorted, the walls are painted and the carpet fitted in the one room, then it will all work out, I'm homing to have upstairs sorted for when my brother comes so he has somewhere to sit (sofa is upstairs at minute!) and a comfy bedroom to sleep in, not forgetting it'll be one less thing on his 'to do' list! 

Have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya, 

love me xx

No comments: