Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 29 March 2020

Quiet Sunday all round hopefully

Sunday 29th March 2020
Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can't pick us up, they lie down and listen for a while.
Looking out the window thinking what a lovely morning, how this time last year I'd have been going on a long walk with my brother and his dogs, not today, I haven't been able to do that for a while because of mom but now no one can really do it can they.  Everyone is getting ready for a day in lockdown, except those wonderful people going to work to keep this country going.  It's all a bit surreal isn't it, I've just said to my bestie, I don't feel much different probably because I'm still working (if in a different way) and I'm used to being at home, mom is my main priority, but I'm aware that so many are anxious out there about what is going to happen, I try to live in the now, in what I am in control of.  My virtual workshops this week have made me realise we all handle situations differently, I do wish I could make everyone feel better and make their stress and anxiety go away, yeah that's the super power I'd like to have, I really don't like seeing people scared or anxious and being unable to make it right for them.  All I can do is listen and be there for them as best as I can, we're all in this together and that's what will get us through it.   After yesterday's workshop I also decided I wouldn't post anything else about coronavirus on my Facebook timeline, if people want to know what's going on they can go to the BBC news website or similar and find it out, all this 'news' all over social media is stressing people out more than they already I, that's what I picked up in the Virtual Workshop yesterday so I'm not going to add to it.

88 members were in our virtual workshop yesterday, it was quite the busy morning, I spent some time beforehand helping members with the technology of getting on zoom, it was a cracking chat.  Vicky my bestie started trending on Connect with her post, so if you haven't already, please go follow her and like her post from yesterday (lawrencevicky) let's get her even more likes ;)

I thought I'd have all this energy to get stuff done working from home, not having to commute or load and unload my car and set up the workshop room, but I haven't.  I reckon I'm working more hours just in a different way but weirdly I'm drinking less wine - that's surprised me for sure.

I did cook a proper meal yesterday, salmon and roast peppers with cauliflower rice, gonna make liver and onions with mash today, Alfie, will love that, can you believe he ate my peppers yesterday!

In normal life, because normal life still goes on, mom had a difficult day yesterday, Alfie got aggressive too last night when I tried to move him off moms side of the bed!  YAY, because that's why I need a rabid dog to add to dementia dog.  I'm enjoying my crochet still though, I'm working on a lovely pretty pink baby blanket, that's gonna keep me going for a good while and today I'm going to start playing with another idea.


I thought I'd make a LOCKDOWN LAP BLANKET ;) in lots of different colours to match my moods or lift my moods, I have so much double knit in all different colours that I can use up, then when all this is over, it'll be a reminder of how important it is to take care of myself and those I love and how important all those people and things in life I take for granted really are!   I can't wait to get drunk with my besties and go for a curry.

Right, moms up and downstairs now, Alfie will want a little walk too, here's to a very calm day I hope for all of us.

Mwah, luv ya.

Love me xx



No comments: