Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 13 March 2020

Free stuff - love it!

Friday 13th March 2020 
Every morning we get a chance to be different.  A chance to change.  A chance to be better. Your past is your past.  Leave it there.  Get on with the future part.  


Repeat after me "Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change."

Another challenging day with mom yesterday, my poor sister got the brunt of it this time, but I can't think about yesterday, today's another day, let's focus on that. 

I've just gone through my emails and I've had one with something for nothing (always a bonus), it's for two Free ejournals  that's the link to take you to the website, then scroll down and you'll see them one is a Gratitude journal the other Resilience journal, I've just downloaded both, this is how the gratitude one starts;

If there is one emotion that can instantly shift how we feel about life and the world, it’s gratitude. Gratitude comes from paying attention to and appreciating what we have in life that makes it all a blessing. Gratitude is the one emotion that can ll our hearts with joy and happiness.

The resilience one is the one I'm interested in today though after such a difficult week with mom, I'm having to dig deeper than I ever have before, I feel bad for my sister because I wished she hadn't got to sit with my mom when she's being like that, if I could be in two places at once that would solve one problem but I can't.  So I liked the sound of a resilience journal. it starts like this; 

When you encounter a difficult situation, you have two choices: you can let your emotions take over and become paralyzed by fear and sorrow, or you can lift yourself out of negative thoughts and transform pain into possibility. It might seem like you have no choice but to suffer. Negative events happen, and most of the time you can’t control them. What you can control is the way you react to them. It’s important to remember that you have the choice and the ability to bounce back from adversity. A resilient mindset is like a muscle that needs to be conditioned and strengthened every single day.

Life is a rollercoaster ride of highs and lows. It is inevitable that you’ll encounter challenges at some point. And while these experiences might bend you, they do not have to break you. This is where the saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” comes from. It doesn’t mean that you aren’t allowed to feel any negative emotions. It is fundamental to detect and embrace pain, fear, sadness, stress, and to know where these thoughts are coming from. When you can begin working to understand how to move forward, and with which tools.

This journal was created to help you through this process and to train your mind to nd and maintain peace, even during the hardest moments.

I like this idea a lot, I do love a journal and it has some gorgeous, I'm not great at filling them in continually but if I get something from them at any time then that's good enough.  So getting a couple of things to try for free is a win-win.  

Here's a gratitude exercise for you to do from the book, I think we all need a distraction from the C word at the moment!  

I am grateful for my...

Family because....

Friends because...

Career because...

Body because...

Past because...

Abilities too....

Access to...

Love of...

Do stop and think about those answers, don't just get on with your day, I'm going to cut my blog short so you have a few minutes. And yes I will do it myself too, because I really need some positive thoughts going on right now, so here are my answers;

I am grateful for my...  

Family because.... my sister is just amazing, and I know if I need my brothers to do anything practical for me, they will, or they'll know a man that can.  

Friends because... oh where to start, because they are always there offering support both practice and emotional. 

Career because... It has given me so much to be proud of over the last 15 years, it's introduced me to so many amazing people and right now it's giving me an escape from what can be a difficult life at times.

Body because... It just keeps going, over the years it's taken so much abuse from me, pushing it to it's limits physically, overfeeding it, underfeeding it, yeah it's a pretty awesome thing.  

Past because... It's taught me I can survive, what doesn't kill ya and all that! 

Abilities too.... wake up each morning and start my day with positivity despite whatever's happened the day before. 

Access to... I'm a bit stumped on this one, not sure what it means actually, but I'll say Access to clean running water, electricity and gas in my house that enables me to live in a comfortable, warm home and gives me the means to cook delicious food.  Yep, access to my iPhone and computer that helps me stay in touch with the outside world when I'm stuck in this lovely home of mine. 

Love of...  nature, I never tire of seeing a sunrise, a fresh bloom or a bird landing on the telegraph wires outside my window, yep this world is an incredible thing.  Also love of my mom because without that deep bond, I don't think I'd be able to do what I'm doing right now!  


There now your turn, here's to a great day 


Mwah, Luv ya, 

Love me & remember,  

   


No comments: